Slow January

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I hope this is the harbinger of things to come this year. My January sales are up over 70% of my best year during the Olympics when I was pretty busy. I just booked another 2600 sf strip at $1 sf and wax with 1500 sf of carpet, plus a good wad of upholstery. I'm usually working the panhandler circuit right now, playing my blues harp in front of the liquor store.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've been surprisingly busy, stretched a bit even. Had two more fires call in today and I'm already down two guys at a mold class. We will somehow make it through the week, its a problem but I prefer this January over the last so far! :rockon:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I really only hope to make expenses in January, but damn, a healthy profit is fine with me. I don't do enough residential to spit on, but the commercial end is growing like crazy and I'm getting a nice monthly maintenance schedule built up . My numbers are up over 28% again last year. We get an early spring here, so no real prolonged winter solstice.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
1st week or 2 was slow...which was fine, dealing with the swap and everything...

but BAM...it has picked up fast....com mostly over here to

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
I'm more than double my average January numbers. To be honest, I'm ready for it to stop. This was supposed to be a lazy month for me!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Starting to get a little worried at this point.....

Going for non word of mouth and more comm. clientel now, fingers crossed.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Not cleaning everyday, but have the usual empties, a church hall tomorrow, 14,000 sf office at my convienience, and the ever present WD extractions with this sub zero weather. An always expected break this time of year.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I ate my last quart of butter beans from the garden last night. I tilled up my garden spot last saturday and I doubled the size of it. I need more butter beans and purple hull peas for next winter!

I am installing my 55 gallon drum survival shelter next week.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
hey man why don't you come work for me.........I might need a tailor to make you a jockey uniform that size.

You could stand down by the end of the drive holding a ring to attach the horses lead rope to. If you do good I might even put an Auburn Tiger on there for you. Nawww it will be a Jayhawk! :p

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Last January was a good one, we were up 14.4% on some nice weather. Up until last weekend we were tracking up 8% however, since this cold blast has come through it has come to a halt except for my restaurant jobs. We are dead even currently through tonight. We are trying to schedule residentials on Wed, Thur & Fri only which is working out good.

Kinda crazy but as business grows and then you hit what seems like a completely slow/dead period I think it is just magnified in our minds because we are getting used to being busier.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have found this December and January to be way above the last three years, again, as others have expressed, mainly with commercial.

Bookings this week have slowed as we've had the first cyclone of the season just a few hundred miles away, so I'm expecting calls for WDR.

Only had one so far.

Maybe OUR fiscal cliff is starting to subside.

I guess I really should start to look at advertising if I want to make more.

No signs on van for three years +.

No yellow or white pages advertising, just W.O.M. repeat business & our web sites.

:very_drunk:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
The cold weather put the brakes on here. Hope it warms up soon.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just wait till people start figuring out how much obama is taking out of their paychecks and then we'll see.

Time to tighten up the ole' belt now.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Then get ready for next year when another tax comes around.
Gas prices will stay stable and home loan interest rates will be low to offset a revolution by the people......who actually PAY taxes.

Thank god there is a taco bell to take my wife out to eat at.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Just wait till people start figuring out how much obama is taking out of their paychecks and then we'll see.

Time to tighten up the ole' belt now.

Unfortunately carpet maintance is one of the first things to go in tough times. It has been happening a lot in commercial for the last several years. Several of my old commercial accounts (some for over 20 Years) have just quit cleaning their carpets.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I told you my daughter that works retail is always pissed at the wetbacks for handing her $100.00's. They buy a shirt for $18.00 and she has to make change. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom