Smart Phone & CC Processing

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Finally considering moving into the new century. Currently I don't have a smart phone nor do I accept CC. I got a new laptop with Windows 8 a few months ago so I'm looking at getting a Windows phone with the same format. It is my understanding that neither Square or Go Payments will work with the new Windows phones. Does anyone have any input on this?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
why a foogin windows phone???

get an android, or i-phone, and be on your way

Reactions: TimM

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm a slow learner and thought since I'm already familiar with Windows 8 it would be an easier transition.

racebum

android is extremely similar to windows. that said an iphone i think is easier to use. it also has the best touch interface in the business. androids are hit and miss on how good the touch is.

buy one of those 2, all the support is for these two platforms

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I have been processing credit cards flawlessly in my customers homes for 3 years now with my iPhone
My lead guys all have them and process very easy

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
the wonderful thing about smart phones.....

they can be as hard or easy as you want them...

I havent even touched the "tweaking" ability of my android phone..yet does just about everything i need...

my issues with i-phone is mostly personal...but when the 5 came out and they "tweaked" all the connectors so they arent compatiable with the other older ones...unless you buy a pricey adapter....showed me they are nothing but a money grab....

I do miss a few things that the i-phone can do vs android....(certain games or apps are fruit specific) but other then that.....android all the way :rockon:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Do you think it will be more than a couple months before Square and Go will work with Windows? Seemed like the Windows phone came with a lot more apps?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Most apps are free, you can just pick which ones you want.. Don't worry about what comes on the phone most of that stuff is probably junk anyway. Go with an android phone.

racebum

impossible to tell. square still does not have an app for blackberry so it's hard to say if windows will get supported. it's likely going to depend on how much windows catches on and if square sees money in it

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
iphone is easy and flawless for cc charges. simple to learn and a lot of apps.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Shane -I have a Galaxy S3 thats has been a great phone and I use Go Payments and Square on it and I also use those programs on my laptop.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have been using Square and iPhone. Been real easy and convenient.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I agree with most of the others. Go for iPhone or Android, both have been in the smartphone business long enough to get some kinks worked out. Square works great on either but the little plastic deal you plug onto the phone doesn't last long. Don't be scared of either, they are both easy to figure out.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Upgrading to an android phone with 4.0 on it, and getting square too. Seems like a no brainer idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom