Smart TM Ideas

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ron Werner said:
In the other thread we're discussing the stupidest TM ideas.
What do you see as the smarter ideas?
What are some ideas you'd like to see tweaked?

A simple design, with the power to turn a 59 blower, HX that is actually controllable with out the over heating spikes.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Waste tank and filter box!

To clean mine(and most) reach over tm behind drivers seat grab the soaking wet box full of nasty crap, pull it up and over the tm(dripping nasty crap all over) and out the side door.

Seems kinda stupid.

I know some use in-line filter or pantyhose, don't know anything about them. Do they help?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
ACE said:
A Reliable, Cost Effective HE Unit would be the Golden Ticket.

Prochem makes a bunch that fit that bill. They all cost about 5% of the ROI over the life of the unit so I consider that a truely cost effective machine...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Larger water tank. I was talking with my distributor last month and he was showing me an install and told him I liked it but I'd want a larger waste tank. He said "they make it", then he looked at the unit and said "this is one, 100 gallons". :shock:

Butlers kick ass with their 210 gallon waste tanks. 8)

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
jcooper said:

To clean mine(and most) reach over tm behind drivers seat grab the soaking wet box full of nasty crap, pull it up and over the tm(dripping nasty crap all over) and out the side door.

Seems kinda stupid.

I know some use in-line filter or pantyhose, don't know anything about them. Do they help?

Jerry....I use pantyhose in the tank basket, which makes it a breeze to clean out. 4 pair for $5 at Rite-Aid, and every other month they run a BOGO sale.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
rwcarpet said:
jcooper said:

Seems kinda stupid.

Jerry....I use pantyhose in the tank basket, which makes it a breeze to clean out. 4 pair for $5 at Rite-Aid, and every other month they run a BOGO sale.
Piglets are $7.99 for a bag of 25

Name
Lee Stockwell
A smaller 1 ton van platform (more extended Astro sized) with a maximum 3L turbo diesel.

25mpg highway, 0.75 gph/on normal speed, <1.0 gph on high.

Add either Butler style or pto unit with 47 or so blower in aluminum if possible. Compact 40 gallon SS cylindrical waste and pre heat tank. A pair of 100 gallon bladder tanks that can hold fresh or waste water, and share the same space.

And for goodness sakes design the thing to be very compact and easy to maintain.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Even a smaller diesel in a standard econoline/express style van would be sweet. Most guys don't need to pull 12,000 lbs with their vans...

Bob Foster

Eddie Munster said:
Despite the rising fuel, I feel it's time for the industry to move out of the cargo vans into a package that better suits our needs.

Or a nice compromise is a 170" 1 ton Sprinter. It meets most of the requirements suggested above.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Hey John,

What's a Piglets? Lol!

Where can I get them?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Hey Coop, white magic solved the filter basket problem by putting it at the back of the truck in its own box. Even when it's full of smuck and water you can pull it out without making a mess.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
How about a unit that comes with a fully trained and reliable technician that is on contract to work as long as you own the machine shiteatinggrin

I'll take the first 10 off the line.

For those of you with the rectangle traps in the w/t - get a 2" scraper, put 2 latex gloves on, scrape it down, squeeze the lint into a "ball" and get it in your right hand, then with your left, pull your right glove off over the "ball".

Viola - mess inside latex glove - no dripping mess

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom