Smart watch and your business?

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I can watch my pulse rate go through the roof and my ECG read go all crazy during my on the job long Covid spells, helps me know for sure that it’s time to sit down and take a break.

Thankfully, those episodes are few and far between now.

In all seriousness, what could you do with an Apple Watch business wise? Answer the phone while pushing equipment?

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mikey P

Administrator
here I am pondering if I should get a Smart Watch...

1725055927438.png

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Okay! You know what they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make em drink, and you can’t teach an old dog new tricks! Blah blah blah!😏

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Nice and Casio are so seldom used in the same sentence, and yes, I own a few

Cheap & durable, sure...
Oh yeah! Them Casios are the greatest value in the planet! They truly take a licking and keep on ticking! And there a few nice styles to choose from. Solar and battery. Nightly automatic radio controlled time calibration…grabs the signal from the Atomic Clock. Casio are the best. Will last and last and last. I’ve got a beater Casio Pro Trek 3000. My favorite. Wear it all the time.

As for the Apple smart watch…the only thing I can see it good for is responding back to calls and text while working quickly to not miss customer calls. Instead of stopping and reaching into the pocket for the phone blah blah blah. With smart watch just look at the wrist, reply back or take the call with ear buds on standby.
Other than this convenience I can’t justify apple watch for anything else. Maybe for heart monitoring for some people.

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh yeah! Them Casios are the greatest value in the planet! They truly take a licking and keep on ticking! And there a few nice styles to choose from. Solar and battery. Nightly automatic radio controlled time calibration…grabs the signal from the Atomic Clock. Casio are the best. Will last and last and last. I’ve got a beater Casio Pro Trek 3000. My favorite. Wear it all the time.

As for the Apple smart watch…the only thing I can see it good for is responding back to calls and text while working quickly to not miss customer calls. Instead of stopping and reaching into the pocket for the phone blah blah blah. With smart watch just look at the wrist, reply back or take the call with ear buds on standby.
Other than this convenience I can’t justify apple watch for anything else. Maybe for heart monitoring for some people.

My beater Casio with Bluetooth sync to my phone for accuracy and solar powered...

And my Ranger..PXL_20230516_222815997~2.jpg

Reactions: icleancarpetz

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
IMG_5836.jpeg

My ProTrek PRW 3000
right is the beater…hard for mw not to wear it every day…like a mans best friend doggie

The one on the right is identical. Ordered one amazon sent two. Tried to return the extra casio but they had no record of it so they told me to keep it. Sure absolutely Thank you!

Mikey P

Administrator
I thought he meant the turning off/on at stops...which I HATE on hot days

Mentioned because her Subaru Forester was not starting back up today..

On a 8 lane super highway in CA, in the fast lane, during a jam.

All sorts of safety features started to go sporadic from there on..

I'll be bringing it in to the dealer in the AM

I hate that car.

• Sad
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
What do you use it for other than to tell time
Providing an alternative to the widely accepted Big Bang theory, the ekpyrotic universe theory suggests that, unlike the Big Bang which supposedly began from a singularity, our universe is actually two universes that smashed into each other. It’s thought that this collision had the effect of “resetting” our universe and, after that point it started expanding just like in the Big Bang. However, instead of infinitely expanding forever, the theory asserts that one day the universe will begin to contract, inevitably leading to what some astrophysicists refer to as the Big Crunch. Then, all the speed and energy involved in the Big Crunch then creates another monumental collision, which results in the universe being reset again so the cycle can repeat itself for all eternity.

FredC

Village Idiot
Providing an alternative to the widely accepted Big Bang theory, the ekpyrotic universe theory suggests that, unlike the Big Bang which supposedly began from a singularity, our universe is actually two universes that smashed into each other. It’s thought that this collision had the effect of “resetting” our universe and, after that point it started expanding just like in the Big Bang. However, instead of infinitely expanding forever, the theory asserts that one day the universe will begin to contract, inevitably leading to what some astrophysicists refer to as the Big Crunch. Then, all the speed and energy involved in the Big Crunch then creates another monumental collision, which results in the universe being reset again so the cycle can repeat itself for all eternity.

I don't think the ekpyrotic theory has two universes colliding....maybe branes/higher dimensional planes

and although I guess it's possible that previous universes were cyclic there is no indication that ours will stop expanding (no crunch)

*there are other ways to have a "cyclic" universe without a crunch

FredC

Village Idiot
Mentioned because her Subaru Forester was not starting back up today..

On a 8 lane super highway in CA, in the fast lane, during a jam.

All sorts of safety features started to go sporadic from there on..

I'll be bringing it in to the dealer in the AM

I hate that car.

IDid she throw it and park and push the button. Did it start then? NM I assume since you're taking to the dealer it started back up...

Battery?

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom