Snake Oil!!!Great Stuff

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Jeremy have you had any problems with clogging with the Brute's spray system?

I've had a couple of jets clog up... Nothing out of the ordinary. But there is a shit ton of crystalizer in the stuff.

Zalan as far the Orbot goes just hook your sprayer up to a jug of water and the the pump run for a minute or two. It's really no big deal to flush the lines.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well it seems Danny doesnt read ALL of it 1st....

I do EXTRACT/FLUSH every 12-18 mths

i clean it (or try to if they say ok) every 3-4.....encap it always looked good....hence is why they always try to extend cleaning, even though i tell them over and over thats not the best option

I need to vac after it has been extracted??? ummm isnt that the point of extraction?? :shock: :shock:

2-4oz i fill a 5 gallon bucket roughly 3" from the top and pour in 10-12 ish oz....so its in the 2-4 range, i adjusted it a bit more each time just a little to notice the change..

like i said i have done it before, and it looked great...only different variable is chem...

and yes its loaded.....and no i dont have 30 pads to go about doing a post pad on everything

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Has the 4-ounce remained clean?

Do you think if 4-oz were used initially it wouldn't have had the problem? (I know that's not the goal because you lose the savings)

:?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy, that's a good suggestion and a pretty obvious one as well...however what I'm afraid of is when a tech don't want to mess with that for an extra 5minutes after a long day around 2am...and next day the surprise come when the machine doesn't work. :-)

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I have 2 Brutes... I flush the system about once a month &/or when I change cleaning solutions. I don't recall any problems with Snake Oil, Releasit or Hot Knife clogging machines. I guess theoretically best case scenario would be to flush it out after every job but in practice I'm just too damn lazy.

The Preacher

Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Jeremy, that's a good suggestion and a pretty obvious one as well...however what I'm afraid of is when a tech don't want to mess with that for an extra 5minutes after a long day around 2am...and next day the surprise come when the machine doesn't work. :-)

when they ask for their pay check, tell em it's on the machine that didn't get cleaned out last night!!!!! :wink:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
rctpks said:
Has the 4-ounce remained clean?

Do you think if 4-oz were used initially it wouldn't have had the problem? (I know that's not the goal because you lose the savings)

:?

no its blotchy all over the place :( i have to go back re-vac things (yes that fixes a few things...big spill looking areas is what vaccing fixes) and redo a bunch of areas...

problem is,

1-2oz is what was said to be as a comparable...No?? is that what you have heard?
2-the 4 oz rating on encap takes out 99% of things...traffic, spills, spots etc...

yes i know it may sound as whinning...but grrrrrr i like to try new things, to see if it works better A....to see if its a better value B.....but if it doesnt do the job, and then i gotta fix it, then what??

-JB-

Name
JB
Debil's abakit.

... if you have something that WAS working, why switch?

I was going to buy some Chemspec Non Residual Roto Brite and my supplier said they would not be stocking it anymore and Prochem Carpet Shampoo does the same thing. So I used the shampoo and bonnet cleaned with it the other day and it did a great job. That was after steam cleaning by the way. Shampoo is shampoo. They all foam up and crystallize. The chemspec is great by the way.

RickL

I'm Pretty Surprised

Wow I'm pretty surprised that Snake Oil produced that end result. I guess like everything it
is not the answer in every situation. Like Chavez, this job was on the 3rd floor and in fairly bad shape. They called back and want the 4th floor done and specified the same way.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
JB said:
Debil's abakit.

... if you have something that WAS working, why switch?

I told ya

but grrrrrr i like to try new things, to see if it works better A....to see if its a better value B.....but if it doesnt do the job, and then i gotta fix it, then what??

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's not Doug's fault for trying new things.

We just bought Orbots last year, before than we had never used OP.

We have only had Cimex's for a little over 3-years, before that I thought the best way to clean anything was HWE. I've since learned some carpets (CGD) clean better with other methods.

And they said you couldn't teach and old dog new tricks! :wink:

Greenie

Doug,

It sure looks like wicking...are you 100% sure it dried in a few hours? Any chance (because the Snake Oil doesn't have the same foam as Releasit DS that you were previously using) you were leaning heavy on the trigger?

Snake Oil has a 400sq. ft. per gallon RTU coverage, if say you were averaging 250-300 per, I would say cut back the juice and dry pass each wet pass and stay on that rotation.

From the "wet, during pics" it appears the snake oil cut a path just like other encaps if not better, like you said, it did "look" pretty good a that time, it was just during final drying it looked splotchy.

What were the HVAC conditions, ever had any drying issues or ventilation issues before?

Also, I don't think you needed more than 2 oz. per, and in fact If you made a "dry pass" to even out the shampoo I'm willing to guess you could have got the same visual results with 1.5 oz. per gal. So I don't think the chemistry is failing here.

We've had 20 guys chase a regular releasit job with Snake Oil and have 0 issues. So I am trying to get to the bottom of your issue, cause obviously that was very embarrassing, and for that I apologize.

I can tell you what I would have been doing that Same night you noticed it. Running a synthetic bonnet like a Tuway and the sprayer of your choice and some 2oz. gal/snake oil and blending the area and adding some polymer in the process, keep in mind it would be a Blend and fix not a wet shampoo.

The soil level was high in some areas, but i don't think that was the issue on this job.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
had the hvac to fan on...

ran it the same way i do the releasit...wet on, dry pass back

it was having a slight issues "cutting" the wick back lines....hence is why i went a little higher..

an OP with a sprayer would be great to go back to touch up now...just enough to wet the tips...then run a beige pad over it...

-JB-

Name
JB
BTW, when you get called a "seasoned pro" it means

"dude I like you, but WTF are you stupid or what?"

Especially if your comments are against a "board de-jour"

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Daddy said:
Line up for your snake oil enema CU.........I'll be waiting.

2997230276_5e75af78d8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom