Snake Oil Marketing System - 41 mailers sent 3 demos booked.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
So I decided to keep the mailing lists segregated by market segment this time... I mailed to 44 funeral homes and had 3 packets returned so that leaves 41 packets. No one bit... Not one response. Luckily, I followed my plan of calling each prospect "to make sure they recieved it and to see if they would like to schedule thier free service" and booked 3 demos and I have to call 6 homes back after lunch was the decision maker was with a family. So far that's a response rate around 7%.

It looks like I'll be working my butt off for no $ next Monday... That said, I will also be introducing 3 potential customers to my services and these are pre-qualified customers that met the criteria I set. So, it's worth a bit of gas and sweat to me to give them the chance to test drive my services in hopes that I will gain their business .I also mailed out 33 packets to eye doctors today... I'll call them next Thursday or Friday... Wish me luck...

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Re: Snake Oil Marketing System - 41 mailers sent 3 demos boo

Way to go 8) !

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan

44 Funeral Homes I've seen Jimmy naked There must be a funeral home next to every McDonalds!! I don't even think we have 44 Funeral Homes in the State of Maine. Talk about living in God's waiting room!! :lol:

Your 3 returned might be due to mergers/acquisitions and consolidating 2 Funeral Homes in one town, to just one primary location? If that's the case I might have been converted to some other type of professional or commercial property like a Chiropractor's office or some wacko fringe Mid-western religious cult. J/K Still possible business there.

If you can convert those 3 demo's into customers it could open up doors to some additional Funeral Homes. Funeral Homes are a nosy, gossipy, want what the "other guys has" and competitive bunch of odd ducks.. however they are loyal and stick together and will recommend a good service provider to others. Unless they want to keep you all to themselves and not share a good cleaner with their big rival, which might happen, but I doubt it be the case with carpet cleaning.

-What kind of driving radius does that mailing cover?
-What was your qualifying criteria? 3 to 5k sq feet?
-Any updates on your 6 call backs or the 1st initial follow up calls?

If they are a chain (Corporate) you might have to talk to a regional manager that oversees 5-20 funeral homes. An individual or single location manager may take your information but not have the authority to make the decision.

Chances are their budgets are already planned out and they are committed to a cleaner. You might want to find out (if you haven't already) if they have a bid process or not. They probably don't but it might be good to know when they do their budget planning and hit them up again just prior to that.

Cheers,
Bill

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

We do work for several different homes, one of them has multiple locations and a mausoleum we clean too. I like them, lots of carpet and never very soiled, you do have to work around their schedule though.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

Yeah, occasionally a family will experience a loss and it will throw a wrench in the works... But hey, Semper Gumby (Always Flexible).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom