Snap Crackle and Pop.....if you aren't ready for the FREEZE.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm surprised by how many are caught off guard and unprepared for a fall cold snap. Often a $1000 or more nasty mess.

What are you doing to prepare?

F

FB7777

Continue to keep my vans in a heated garage like I've been doing for the last 20 years

You did remind that I have to blow out my irrigation system this weekend tho.... Thanks!

Becker

Name
Becker
We have had such great weather into OCT.. Warm dry.

Well, last Tuesday we had snow below 4000 ft, and this week below 2000 ft, it is coming on fast!

For those that park outside, good advice.

Start checking the forecast nightly. Freeze alarm.

As said, it can cost you $$ in both repairs and lost work.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh yes been watching it....

heater in the truck the last 2 nights...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I dug out my light jacket in the closet...that first 30 minutes in the morning is pretty brisk...........

Name
Steve Lawrence
If you do accidentally freeze your carpet cleaning machine do not panic and immediately start it up as ice in your water pump could cause damage. Thaw the whole thing out first with space heaters before you run it.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I sometimes put on a sweater in the morning until I get my vehicle warmed up. The rest of the day is usually preeeety decent.

One time I froze my truckmount in Colorado... My cat pump wouldnt move as I hit the switch on...it was frozen solid...I let it thaw out and never had a problem with it.. didn't leak anywhere.. cat pump has almost 2000 hrs on it since. So I came out of that adventure good .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom