Snow and Cole

Mikey P

Administrator
have either of you done any studies on why the phones will go wild one day, dead the next and wild again the following?

and other strange patterns that would suggest some greater force telling housewives everywhere to get their rugs sucked NOW!!!

Maybe I'm asking the wrong two since the bulk of your calls are directly related to your advertising hitting the mailboxes, TV or emails folders

anyone else have a theory?

Becker

Name
Becker
Yes, I wonder the same thing.

Crazy how one day the phone will ring like crazy, other days ya wonder if the lines are connected.

I often thought weather, but as of late, I don't think it matters.

Becker

Name
Becker
Lee Stockwell said:
3 calls in 5 minutes this morning. Only 1 more the rest of the day.
I love the days,, no calls, no calls.. then one, and while you are on it 2 others call, then nothing.

Other days, 1st think I do is check email, 2-3 bookings, then no calls all day..

Or, another odd thing. I have this Thursday booked up.. No bog deal, but it has been booked up for 3 weeks..

FredC

Village Idiot
Mikey P said:
Maybe I'm asking the wrong two since the bulk of your calls are directly related to your advertising hitting the mailboxes, TV or emails folders

maybe yours is too....just not your advertising.........

Name
Lee Stockwell
Becker said:
Lee Stockwell said:
3 calls in 5 minutes this morning. Only 1 more the rest of the day.
I love the days,, no calls, no calls.. then one, and while you are on it 2 others call, then nothing.

Other days, 1st think I do is check email, 2-3 bookings, then no calls all day..

Or, another odd thing. I have this Thursday booked up.. No bog deal, but it has been booked up for 3 weeks..
...cuz your machine is gonna hiccup Thursday morning.

Just telling you ahead of time. My boys call me superstitious.

Mikey P

Administrator
FredC said:
Mikey P said:

maybe yours is too....just not your advertising.........

so true

Stanley did send me a nice card last week eat shit!

Becker

Name
Becker
Lee Stockwell said:
Becker said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":10qgv96r]3 calls in 5 minutes this morning. Only 1 more the rest of the day.

...cuz your machine is gonna hiccup Thursday morning.

Just telling you ahead of time. My boys call me superstitious.[/quote:10qgv96r]

Thanks Lee..

I sure hope not..

New Engine just before thanksgiving, pump in Feb..

I'll blame you.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've had nothing but peaks and valleys this year. We try to keep busy in the slow weeks and hang on for the ride in the wild weeks. It's nuts but it's always interesting. KMA!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Those of us who work from our desks.....ever notice how the phone won't ring for two hours, but as soon as you get up to go to the bathroom, make a call, get a bite to eat or need to run an errand....it rings.....

Take care,
Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Uhh huh hate that!

Yesterday Dan had to pickup his son at the airport, my sister Rachael had a doctors appointment, my brother Luis was out on estimates and all the supervisors were out checking WDR work. Just my sister Linda and I answering phones and it was ringing off the hook.

Normally there are 4-5 people here but nooo it's busy ringing an just us two. KMA!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I did notice an unusual drop off in from your normal 150 posts a day posting rate yesterday.

Who would have guessed it was due to work?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It seems most cleaning is event driven.

Dog takes a dump, having a party, relative coming into town, moving into or out of a home, etc...

We don't have control over when these events hit the fan.

Although it is strange when after no calls for hours, 2 or three clients call at the same time.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a feeling it revolves around the woman's PMS cycle.

You could ask Lisa but I'm afraid under those Hillary Clinton pantsuits she is hiding a big set of balls.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Re:

Snow and Cole are actually not as in tuned to the incomimg calls as an O/O with the co. # in his pocket, What I ALWAYS find curious is how the phone won't ring for hours, then when it does someone else will call while I'm talking to the first custy. Happens all the time.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Actually Art- we are probably far more tuned in, especially with call management software available. I am that Greg, like me/us could tell how many calls by the mimute/hour/day/week/month etc come in as well as what CSR took the call, time on call etc. Reports will give all sorts of additional data for analysis and management. We can even real time or later tell what number is cslling us or being called by any extension/CSR.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Those of us who work from our desks.....ever notice how the phone won't ring for two hours, but as soon as you get up to go to the bathroom, make a call, get a bite to eat or need to run an errand....it rings.....

fishing is like that

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ken Snow said:
call management software ... CSR took the call, time on call etc. Reports will give all sorts of additional data for analysis ..... We can even real time or later tell what number is cslling us or being called by any extension/CSR.

Yeah but do the calls vibrate in your pants?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve frasier said:

fishing is like that

isn't that the truth..you can sit there for hours on end with out a nibble..one thing happen that needs attention and you have poles bending everywhere.............

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Jimmy L said:
I have a feeling it revolves around the woman's PMS cycle.

You could ask Lisa but I'm afraid under those Hillary Clinton pantsuits she is hiding a big set of balls.

Sure as hell bigger than yours!

.....but that aint sayin' much.

Take care,
Lisa

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Too funny,

As I was reading this thread... We had only taken 3 calls in the first 20 minutes of the day then 5 calls came in all at once!

The nice thing about it was all 5 placed orders and all 5 were repeat customers. :-)

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Ken Snow said:
Actually Art- we are probably far more tuned in, especially with call management software available. I am that Greg, like me/us could tell how many calls by the mimute/hour/day/week/month etc come in as well as what CSR took the call, time on call etc. Reports will give all sorts of additional data for analysis and management. We can even real time or later tell what number is cslling us or being called by any extension/CSR.

Sorry for the delay in my response. I've been in budget meetings for two days straight. <shoot me now>
Yes Ken - we also have all the metrics to track calls.

To answer the original question:

There are distinct patterns based on seasonality and weather patterns. We accurately track within a 3% + or - of what the call volume will be for each day and time frame. This allows us to properly staff our customer service deartment.
Weather issues ( rainy days) usually drop the call volume 8-11% of budget on those days.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Definitely event type business in regards to residential cleaning. The commercial end is obviously more of a maintenance type thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom