So are you still Hunkerin Down or..

Mikey P

Administrator
...have you figured out that the economy/state of affairs aint going back to what it once was yet?

Too many business owners (cleaners and suppliers/manufacturers both) that I talk to refuse to change their ways and are sitting in their closets with their Zombie Survivor kits waiting for either the crashing of the windows or for time to roll back to 2007.

How have you adjusted your ways to succeed in these hard economic times..:icon_question:

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I'm right in the middle of changes to my business. I'm moving towards adding employees. I always wanted to stay a one man show, but now I think growing my business will help me survive the new economics times.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lots of changes over the last 6-8 years as our retail business has dropped over 60%. Changes still occurring and always will.

Not sure what exactly hunkering down means.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have been looting our savings over that last several years, something we will need to pay back or we will end up with some angry brothers and sisters when their inheritance is short.

There again maybe we will not pay it back......fookum! :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

hogjowl

Idiot™
For me, the bad times are over, for the moment. They ended during the 2nd quarter of this year. However, I still have my eye on southern Europe and where Europe goes, we may follow.

As far as hunkering down goes, for a small operation, that really doesn't mean much. Only thing the bad times did to me was make me sell my Vortex, which I would have done eventually anyway. I still had to have chemicals, insurance, gas, groceries, etc. If times got really bad, I might have to skip one meal a day and take a longer nap in the afternoon.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If I could sell a few properties I'd sleep better at night. Looked like a great investment but we're not doing anything but burdening ourselves with them now. In a flush economy I'd keep them. Another tight year and we will have to fire sale them......or steal some more of my siblings money.:winky:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Lots of changes over the last 6-8 years as our retail business has dropped over 60%. Changes still occurring and always will.

Ken...you better learn quick...........the zombies are comin' soon.............!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
To weather the storm.

I'm getting rid of things I don't need.

Just got rid of all my client reviews.

steve_64

So are you still Hunkerin Down or..

ive been walking upright for a few years now.:eekk:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Considering I started halfway through 2006, I don't know anything about good times. However, business has been good this year and I was able to buy a few things that I have been wanting to buy for a while.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Weathered the first half of the slow down nicely, then it caught up with me last year, had to reduce staff and overheads now just consolidating. Probably wouldn't call it hunkering down, more responding to change and trying to be proactive.

John

randy

Name
Randy

That means have you bought an Ak-47 & a Glock yet ?
Doesn't really apply to you because everyone in Detroit already had their arsenal before this all started. Don't forget the ballistic helmet & the tracer rounds ( great for warning shots, if you believe in them).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom