So Cal

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I have never been to California before. I'm in Anaheim this week. Two things: It's a long freaking trip out here and it is absolutely beautiful. Left NY it where it's been above 90 and 100% humidity for days, stepped off the plane at John Wayne to a cloudless sky, 70 degrees, no humidity, palm trees and mountains. If I could afford to buy a home here, I'd move.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Oh, and this 3 hour time difference SUCKS!!!! Went to bed at 9:00 p.m. PST, which is about 3 hours past my EST bedtime, and woke up at 2:00 a.m. ready to roll. T.V. sucks that time of night.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Yea Ed, the time change sucks til Sunday comes around and footballs on at 10 am!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Ed said:
I have never been to California before. I'm in Anaheim this week. Two things: It's a long freaking trip out here and it is absolutely beautiful. Left NY it where it's been above 90 and 100% humidity for days, stepped off the plane at John Wayne to a cloudless sky, 70 degrees, no humidity, palm trees and mountains. If I could afford to buy a home here, I'd move.

If you think stinky, crowded Anaheim is absolutely beautiful, drive northwest for an hour or two.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Anacrime is not that nice at all....

Get on the 55 and head west to Newport Beach- Nice!

Once you are there and looked around, hit PCH and head south to Laguna Beach, Dana Point, San Clemente- All very nice places. I am definitely lucky to have a life in these parts.

Or go down towards San Diego and look at Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, La Jolla, Coronado Island and many more.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Lots of beautiful country in CA.
Take highway 1 north, for a crazy spectacular drive.
North CA is a lot prettier.
Gold country (highway 49 is also beautiful.)

Just enjoy!

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Mike has it right. But Oregon is better. 10 degrees cooler and a million less people.
Al

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Askal said:
Mike has it right. But Oregon is better. 10 degrees cooler and a million less people.
Al
Al got it right.
Particularly if you like a lot of rain and grey overcast weather eat yor heart out Werner

Nice progressive politics though in Oregon.
You got to tip the hat for that. Good people.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Are you kidding me? We have band importing energy from coal producing plant swiss Which has increased our electricity rates By over 30 percent. Meanwhile we are selling all of our coal to china which is burning it and using it as an economic advantage To produce goods cheaper than we can. It goes on and on. If we want to reduce co2 emissions we should tax coal. Not what it produces. BTY SW Oregon is an arid area with 30" of rain a year. I am blessed to live in an area that is a destination resort area. Just 1 man's opinion.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
My apologies Ofer. After rereading my post it sounded kind of rude. I was laughing as I was writing but that just doesn't translate well. Have a great day.
Al

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Hey ed, 98 today with 70% humidity. At 2.30 today I called it a day and the undercoating on the van was melting and running off. I think in 16 years of doing this, I have only seen it hotter one day.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I hear ya Lyman. Dawn sent me pictures of her truck with the temp reading 99. She let our guys go at 2:00 today. Too hot to be doing fire demo.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Askal said:
My apologies Ofer. After rereading my post it sounded kind of rude. I was laughing as I was writing but that just doesn't translate well. Have a great day.
Al
Thanks Al.
I was not insulted but I appreciate the thought.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Ed said:

Hey Ed,
Drive down to Laguna Beach from Anaslime and check out a amazing coastline. I think you will love it! Only about 20min from where your at. I am 5min from Laguna Beach myself. Be happy to show you around if you give me a heads up. Here's my cell (949) 275-5522

Bill

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Bill, thanks for the offer. I only had a few hours to drive over to the coast and get back for a meeting. I did take your advice though and drove over to Laguna Beach. It is beautiful. The weather is phenomenal, like a late September day up here. The traffic on the 5 sucks at 5:00.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ed said:
The traffic on the 5 sucks at 5:00.

No! You don't say... I've seen Jimmy naked J/K J/K

You missed naming the rest of the freeways though...they all suck when there is trafffic.

I guess that's what we get: california has more people than all of canada combined!!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Johnny said:
Ed said:

If you think stinky, crowded Anaheim is absolutely beautiful, drive northwest for an hour or two.

JOHNNY!!1

We are in Santa Barbara til Sunday the 29th....

Just finished driving through yester day through Ventura

ohhh and this marine layer sucks....i wanna see the ocean from my uncles no won ton soup for you! no won ton soup for you! no won ton soup for you! no won ton soup for you!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Zee said:
Ed said:

You missed naming the rest of the freeways though...they all suck when there is trafffic.

I guess that's what we get: california has more people than all of canada combined!!

yea no chit....any time of day the freeways suck in SoCal...

thats a given....

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
floorguy said:
Zee said:
Ed said:

yea no chit....any time of day the freeways suck in SoCal...

thats a given....

Really? Where in SoCal do you live?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Which one of us on that copy?.

I live in utah...if you look to the left it shows where they live.

We are jus t on vacation to my uncles to do a bunch of swimming lol

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
floorguy said:
Which one of us on that copy?.

I live in utah...if you look to the left it shows where they live.

We are jus t on vacation to my uncles to do a bunch of swimming lol

Wondered what part of SoCal you were in where the freeways suck any time. Don't know of any that are congested 24/7. Many are rarely crowded.

That said, I wouldn't want to live in LA.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
its a matter of opinion...

plus where you live you get use to it...

that said....the main area in Utah..is getting clogged up again....they seem to get the construction done just before it gets bad...

But the 5 and 405 around Anaheim and LA is usually ALWAYS retarded...

pffft throw just about any freeway, around LA as plugged, at any given time...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom