So how has your year been so far?

Mikey P

Administrator
Our's looks to once again, beat the prior year buy a few monofilaments..

Really can't complain after listening to all my biz owner clients bitch and moan.

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
about the same.....

I suppose if you have any increase in the last what 3-5 years, its a good thing...I think each year i go up around 5k...not a ton....but its up......I hit a low about 5 yrs ago

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Terrible Winter/Spring, Summer was good, but not enough to save the year.

Have a lot of good things going right now so looking forward to a brighter future.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Volume started up for the year but has fallen flat compared to 2011 numbers. However, our average job increased by 18% so profits are way up! Some days this business will drive you crazy!

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
We took a hit last year on the cleaning business, no single item but more an accumulative effect of recession and insurance changes etc.

We look to be stabalised this year and maybe a small increase of 5%

The repair business is a sure fire slow and steady growth or 10% + year on year and this year is looking like it could easily be 20% increase if it continues.

John

Able 1

Name
Keith
AWESOME!!! I just need some SFS, for hiring, and then the sky is the limit... I can't find anyone willing to work (bunch of liberal kids that think they don't have to work to get paid)? I just signed up for service monster to keep things more consistant... For this year I'm up 15-20%, but I don't even work solid weeks for the most part... Just exciting to see things getting better for my biz in a bad economy...

Becker

Name
Becker
Sales are up.

I had a July like Jan and Feb.

Not grossly up, but nicely up and climbing. Aug has been balls to the wall.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We are up 21.7% YTD. The only month we have been down was July when we were up against that 80k sf commercial job we did over the 4th of July weekend last year.

steve_64

my reported numbers are down slightly. i havent been working my business the last few years the way i should. found a comfort zone along with a lot of personal issues im still dealing with. lost my drivers license for one lol, its killing me. now i have to have an employee to drive for me.

been getting more cash jobs the last few years and not charging for extras on the apartments as much. im still clueless as to how ive managed things this long. i think my accountant is too lol.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
AWESOME!!! I just need some SFS, for hiring, and then the sky is the limit... I can't find anyone willing to work (bunch of liberal kids that think they don't have to work to get paid)? I just signed up for service monster to keep things more consistant... For this year I'm up 15-20%, but I don't even work solid weeks for the most part... Just exciting to see things getting better for my biz in a bad economy...

I suggest looking in other places than you have or look at your pay/commission structure. We have found that this generation is the opposite and have some of the best young people ever coming into the fold.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
[h=1]So how has your year been so far?[/h]
pretty poor actually
management changes and budget cuts has shaken up the status quo.
been scrambling most of the year to keep two men busy full time .....just barely making that happen

TRUTH IS...Being comfortable with too many eggs in too few baskets is the root of problem

..L.T.A.

I tell everyone things suck, no matter what the truth is. The truth is too many low ballers have entered the business and work is up slightly, but profits are flat, at best.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
have slight increased each year for the last several years, all networking, reminder cards and referral no advertising, carpet cleaning has been level but seem to add other accounts every year, vct & ceramic floors, janitorial, etc

lost a $4500 private school to the in-house staff, did it for several years then they bought a cimex, never let them see what you are doing

I'm at the point where I can't physically can't do more, so it is either let it play out, go full-time or hire someone. If I did it full-time would probably end up hating it. Had a college intern this summer, he might be my hire someone for a while.

20 years as part-time business last May.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I suggest looking in other places than you have or look at your pay/commission structure. We have found that this generation is the opposite and have some of the best young people ever coming into the fold.

Any suggestions on where to look? I'll pay really well if I find the right person..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Business probably wouldn't be that great if I hadn't decided to diversify. I offered everything I could to my customers from cleaning to repairing and from cell phone services to electricity. Everything added up and business is way up this year.
It may not show from the modest house and car that I purchased but I've been able to travel like crazy and feel more secure than ever.

Life is really good right now.

Mikey P

Administrator
I tell everyone things suck, no matter what the truth is. The truth is too many low ballers have entered the business and work is up slightly, but profits are flat, at best.

Do you think that if the customer like you and thinks you need the work, they will spread the word?

I think most of my customers think we're so busy that they don't bother telling their friends..

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Do you think that if the customer like you and thinks you need the work, they will spread the word?

I think most of my customers think we're so busy that they don't bother telling their friends..

That's a good question. I've always thought it would be better if customers thought you were in demand. This is probably not true but a manager of a Chili's restaurant told me they purposely build them small because they want there to be a wait to be seated because people want to go to someplace they perceive as being popular.

Anyway I'm thinking for our kind of business the opposite may be true. I hear fairly often that they chose me over Stanley or another larger company because they want to support the little guy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Biz is up 10% over last year. Not quite the growth I have had in the past, but then again during the busy months my schedule is maxxed out so I don't have much room for growth during those months.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Finally is improving from the lows of a few years back when the economy really hit us as well as all our print advertising dive bombed as well. I think things have turned a corner finally.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
picked up a new account Friday

if I only do my scheduled accounts for the rest of the year, will surpass last year

have had customers this year that we haven't heard from for years but still mailed cards to

Chris A

Name
Chris
Not great. we had 30% increases for two years in a row and have been down about 20% this year. Mostly on the commercial side with lack of restoration cleanings, residential is flat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom