So I got this email today

Jamesh921

Name
James
from Ramair.

After following the link they provided and watching the videos, it seem that they believe the Ramair system is hte perfect air duct cleaning system on the market.

So, is there anyone here that can validate those claims? Or is this just another overhyped, underproducing product?

Thanks,
James

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dave Gargan said it's working well for him and Scott Warrington said he did his own house with it and thought the results we're very good. I respect both of them, so as much as I see fault with the premise, I've got to think there is something to it. Is it as good as a gas fired collector with 10-inch hose? I have my doubts but I have no experience with it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I think it does good for what it is supposed to do - remove the junk from your vents that could blow out into the breathing air in your home. I tried it in two homes and was surprised by how much junk came out.

One of the most valuable part of the package is the marketing materials including a video you can use to show customers or even use as a TV spot, just insert your company info.

It won't always leave those pristine after shots you see in some ads. But what it leaves behind is not likely to later blow out all on its own.

Would not suggest as a fire restoration tool or for commercial accounts with larger diameter duct work.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Is it the best, no but you can make a ton of money with it. Pulls a lot of crap out of the ducts. Guys got a dried up rat in the filter the other day. Lol . Customers are thrilled with results, their checks are good and it's an easy add on for my guys

randy

Name
Randy
The problem is you are committing FRAUD when you use a contact method for duct cleaning. There is no way to properly clean the main trunk lines with the Ram air system. If you are going to clean ducts invest in a decent negative air system and follow the NADCA guildelines.

Why would a legitimate carpet cleaner want to operate an air duct cleaning scam ?

Last edited:
Name
Yohance
do you need to be certified to clean air ducts
The problem is you are committing FRAUD when you use a contact method for duct cleaning. There is no way to properly clean the main trunk lines with the Ram air system. If you are going to clean ducts invest in a decent negative air system and follow the NADCA guildelines.

Why would a legitimate carpet cleaner want to operate an air duct cleaning scam ?

randy

Name
Randy
In a few States it's required but not NADCA certification but rather HVAC certified if cutting into the system for access ports.
The problem with Ramair and systems like it is sooner or latter a customer will notice that they still have a dust issue. Then they call someone like me with video inspection equipment to do a free inspection. NoW they know you screwed them and have a DVD of the inspection to prove it. They hire me to reclean the system properly for $500- 1500 depending on the size of the house and sue you to recover their expense. If your state has a consumer fraud law it can quickly be a $15000 lawsuit where you have little defense. I have seen this happen 3 times over the last 5 years. People get really pissed & vindictive when you screw them.

Being a half ass duct cleaner isn't worth the hassle.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I've had two customers call me this week looking for an air duct cleaning company and wanted to know who I would call. So, let's say - I wanted to hire a company to clean the ducts in my home, what are the questions I should ask? Basically, what does the consumer need to know.

amygeorge

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You want cleaning per NADCA standards, basically the 'Source Removal System", is the system going to be accessed to be cleaned (hole cut in plenum), is the blower going to be removed and cleaned? If you don't remove the blower and clean the junk off the blades a lot of the other cleaning is pointless. Are they cleaning the trunk lines, cleaning the coils? How many CFM's are generated by the vac collector? What size collector hose is to be used? Yes, bigger is better, a lot of the debris that is in the system will clog small systems, 8-10 inch hose is best.

If they clean per NADCA they are probably good cleaners, they don't have to be NADCA certified but clean to the standard.

randy

Name
Randy
You know most carpet cleaners would be better off just focusing on carpet cleaning. Residential and commercial carpet cleaning, keep it simple and focus on SALES ! If your marketing game is on target and you can sell that is really all you need. All this diversification into every little add on doesn't do much for the average cleaner. I'm not sure I would get into duct cleaning or T&G if I had it to do over.
I certainly like being at the upper end of the market when it comes to upholstery & duct cleaning. It's hard work and often problematic so why be cheap. Carpet cleaning is easier than most of the add on services regardless of what the industry sales people claim.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You know most carpet cleaners would be better off just focusing on carpet cleaning. Residential and commercial carpet cleaning, keep it simple and focus on SALES ! If your marketing game is on target and you can sell that is really all you need. All this diversification into every little add on doesn't do much for the average cleaner. I'm not sure I would get into duct cleaning or T&G if I had it to do over.
I certainly like being at the upper end of the market when it comes to upholstery & duct cleaning. It's hard work and often problematic so why be cheap. Carpet cleaning is easier than most of the add on services regardless of what the industry sales people claim.
I agree Randy, air duct cleaning is such a different animal I think it's best to be a dedicated service all on it's own. It doesn't really qualify as an add when you're going to wreck your schedule by adding 4-5 hours on to a carpet cleaning job.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I am really glad you clarified this as I have always been tossing around the idea of starting this up. In the event we do I will do it correct with all the right equipment and to NADACA standards as you suggested.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom