So I'm reading about the rash of home invasions in our town

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So I'm an reading article about the rash of home invasions in our town and at the end of the article people leave their comments.

I always read the comments, they are often hard hitting and sometimes funny.

This one shocked me. :shock:

http://cjonline.com/news/2011-09-16/occ ... nOg1keBzJI

Sounds to me like this town...
By khaymanbb | 09/16/11 - 11:24 am

...needs to do a little house cleaning. If you hear gunshots in my neighborhood, its because someone just snagged them a little burglar. Should a burglar ever decide to rob my house, with me in it, there would be two phone calls: 1st to the police, 2nd to Chavez Cleaning Services...
Thanks.....I think? :shock:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Re: So I'm reading about the rash of home invasions in our t

I know, what's up with that? :shock:

Although if it brings in work I just may have to pay that guy.

I may also spend less time on the boards and more time making comments in the newspaper. :twisted:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith

....just don't piss him off when you're working at his house!

Take care,
Lisa

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

home invasions :shock:

tOPUCKA HAS HIT A NEW LOW.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Lisa I though the same thing! :shock:

Mike
Lawrence is has had a run of crime this year too or are you like Dan (a Lawrence resident) and claim it's all the people from Topeka. :roll:

:mrgreen:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Biggest crime here lately is copper pipe stripping from empty houses. I know a guy that came home from working midnights, took a shower, went to bed, and when he woke up, pipes were gone from the basement. Now that's a sound sleeper! Catalytic converters, especially from easily accessable trucks and vans, are being stolen here, too.

There will be more shootings of home invaders as people just get fed up with the crimes. Arm yourselves, homeowners! This economy is driving people to desperation.......unfortunatly.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Yea they've been doing a lot of that here too. Even taking it from substations, they are brave.

People are nutz! A dog would be a good alternative to a gun.
But if they are carrying then I'd want to have a little parting gift for them.

Wild Wild West! :mrgreen:

Wild_Wild_West_01_large.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

U-2 & Me too said:
A dog would be a good alternative to a gun.

"Stick 'em up, i got a Pug!
Don't move.. i mean it!... or I'll pUg you full of holes"

speaking of steeling copper ...he's a couple fellows that had a pretty bad day while attempting a large heist

Warning ..graphic content of a couple charred bodies .
Charred bodies aren't all that gruesome compared to ripped open/mangled flesh an such.
But these are real dEd burnt thieves pics, none the less .

Viewer discretion is advised......

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=54615

..L.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

U-2 & Me too said:
Are you like Dan (a Lawrence resident) and claim it's all the people from Topeka. :roll:

Yep,

Generally, when I hear about random violent crimes in Lawrence the news story starts out “ A Topeka man…..”
Lawrence is a small town and they keep the violent sociopaths off the street for the most part. Topeka on the other hand has neighborhoods where the police never venture unless in convoy like its fooking Baghdad.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Yep you sound just like him.

Read the Journal World, sex crimes and drugs .......from LAWRENCE people. In denial just like Dan. As Lawrence grows so has the crime. Too many bars, fights and shootings.

They're not all from Topeka, some are from KC.
:mrgreen:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

I carry a blade with me and I can't wait to jump on a criminal and slash his throat.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

Jimmy L said:
I carry a blade with me and I can't wait to jump on a criminal and slash his throat.
Ivebeensold

Great Jimmy but why stop there? In Topeka they break in to “ Criminals ” homes, tie them up, rape them and steal their stuff :lol: .

It's " Criminal " to thave more stuff than me, have a bigger house, or look at me the wrong way. It’s the circle of life Jimmy. The bottom of the food chain a simple bacteria will annihilate the most sophisticated highly evolved animal.

JeffC

Name
Jeff

Come on Chavez,
Wake up buddy. What could there be possibly in Topeka that would motivate thieves from Kansas City to drive 60 miles?

Of course, those broken pads locks on those fancy double-wides are easy pickins! LOL

Go Chiefs!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

No they don't come to Topeka they go to Lawrence and cause trouble or at least that's what Dan &Mike H. think.LOL
Go Chief's? I mean I know they sucked but now you want them to leave? :p
Semipro football just ain't what it used to be. :mrgreen:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

Big Star said:
No they don't come to Topeka they go to Lawrence and cause trouble or at least that's what Dan &Mike H. think.LOL
Go Chief's? I mean I know they sucked but now you want them to leave? :p
Semipro football just ain't what it used to be. :mrgreen:
Come one Chavez. Bickering with Cutshall is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Let's hear more about the new Chavez Water Damage Franchise. (CWDF)

Steve
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I even hear you are including a free Value Added Service for Technicians training module for the first 100 companies who sign up for your franchise.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

I was thinking about my social food chain analogy.

Where does that put guys doing crime scene cleanup like Chavez?

On one hand it’s a disgusting, depressing business.

On the other hand they are the only ones that really profit when society breaks down.

PS. Dan and I may disagree on this point, but I also think the illegal Mexicans are a big part of the crime problem. Take a looks at KBI’s most wanted and tell me I’m not right. :mrgreen:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

ACE said:
I was thinking about my social food chain analogy.

Where does that put guys doing crime scene cleanup like Chavez?

On one hand it’s a disgusting, depressing business.

On the other hand they are the only ones that really profit when society breaks down.

PS. Dan and I may disagree on this point, but I also think the illegal Mexicans are a big part of the crime problem. Take a looks at KBI’s most wanted and tell me I’m not right. :mrgreen:
Actually Mike, fear not. In the Beta test version 1.4 I have of Richards new marketing package he offers an optional "Bio-hazard cleanup option." sure, it is pricey at 549.00 for the optional package. But if you can cover your costs in one quick and easy job why wouldn't you do it?

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonFun.vom

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

Ivebeensold Huh,

cleaning up HIV tainted brain fragments is not my idea of a good time. I have a hard enough time dealing with the emotional havoc caused by a relatively small water loss. I cannot imagine negotiations with a customer who has lost a loved one in the worst way imaginable.

Feel my pain now? Go sell some snake oil.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

cleaning up HIV tainted brain fragments is not my idea of a good time. I have a hard enough time dealing with the emotional havoc caused by a relatively small water loss. I cannot imagine negotiations with a customer who has lost a loved one in the worst way imaginable.
It's not desirable work I agree, but it is a very needed service. People are often distraught with the situation and while cleaning is easy, there are blood-borne hazards that need to be addressed so adequate training and shots are needed.

We had a clean up last week where a 20-year old shot himself over a girlfriend. Felt bad for the family just an awful situation as much of the bio recovery work is. Murders are probably the worst but this was still bad for someone so young to feel that desperate. As you mentioned dealing with estimates and collecting is really distasteful. They did thank us when they paid us for the work and professionalism in being discrete.

The actual work is never as bad as the emotional side effects, not when you're cleaning but days and even weeks later. I could tell you somethings we've seen but it just might spook you and it really isn't something that needs to be shared.

Am I glad we are doing this type of work? No, not at all but deep down I we're offering a service that is helping people that need help.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

I think I could get use to the wet work but dealing with the customers would be too much for me at any price. You’re wise to do the work discreetly. I don’t like the way one of your Topucka competitors rolls with a huge biohazard symbol on the van along with the list of other services offered. I would not be happy to see that truck in my driveway if I called for a carpet cleaning. My first question would be….. is this the same equipment you use to do crime scene clean up? Knowing damn well it is.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

"Topucka"
:lol:

You've got to me Dan, you're just like him!

He and his wife work in Topeka but they've lived in Lawrence for 10-years.

A lot wasted gas and tires, just to live in Lawrence ! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom