So....Vegas....M9F....Hotels.....help!

Mikey P

Administrator
M9F will be held in Vegas on Feb 15th and 16th.

A day after Valentines day..
Rates will be a bit higher than normal at the desired "couples" hotels.
I'm going to assume that the bulk of the crew will want to stay on the strip somewhere which is about 8 miles away.
Cabs and shuttles should not be an issue. cram 6 people in a van taxi and it should run less than $5 each to go one way to Interlink.

My 1st question is:
Should we find a hotel to work a group rate with? It's nice to have everyone in one spot as it makes night time entertainment much easier.

The older joints are going to be the most affordable ie: Luxor, Excaliber, Flamingo or the slightly off strip Hard Rock etc.. (yet still part of the nicer end of the strip)

So where would be my next question...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Group rate in a nice area....Sacramento was cool with most in the same spot......lobby time was fun...then we just grouped up and terrorized the hood.......

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't really care which hotel but I do want to be on the strip.. sick of the LVH isolation.

I'll let the guys who know the hotels better pick a "good enough" one

Becker

Name
Becker
Keep it on the strip. Excalibur is a great value. Tropicana remodeled nicely.

Anything off strip even as much as the lvh is a pita.

Last edited:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Anywhere on the strip is fine... where was it Evel Knievel jumped those fountains?

robert-craig-evel-knievel-jr.jpg

F

FB7777

Thinking about it ... Not sure if we are going away for Feb or APril school vacation

TonyC

Name
Tony Castellano
Just a little tip if you stay at Bally's you want to stay in the newer north tower, they book most in the older south tower and try to get $10 more per night to upgrade you to north tower.Heres what you do when checking in you stick a $20 with your id and ask for a complimentary upgrade & your in an updated room in the north tower.This actually works at any of the hotels on the strip, and if they can't upgrade you they will return your $$$

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
NY NY is always good. Excalibur is super cheap, not quite as nice. Like Don said, Trop has recently been updated. Any of these are good choices, lots of action at the south end of strip. NY NY has both nicer and cheaper bars and nightspots, cannot go wrong there......not that I'd know....just sayin.

Becker

Name
Becker
If mf is going to be held in Vegas I'm in.

Ny ny has its flaws. One the pool, but that won't matter in feb. no poker tables.

MGM is great, but ny is a bit cheaper.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Forgot about the poker tables (lack thereof).....that sucks. lets go to O'sheas.....oh wait, i guess not.

F

FB7777

what adult says "just saying?" and wtf is with your avatar?

Did your account get hacked by a tweenage dousche???

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I'll be there..Just sayin'..... I think group hotel is better as long as my room is away from the group. It was less fun staying across town in Nashville but also helped cause no one could see what I was doin' ...Just sayin

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so Mikey whats the bet on the vac tat? I figured you guys would want my boy Marty back

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Ballys is a dump...I stayed there at last connections and it was an outdated dirty junk..

There are better hotels for about the same cost.

hard to beat free for me, it is just a place to sleep and never got bed bugs from it :rockon:

have had the same room for the last 3 years

I don't have a problem wherever you choose

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
My next question us...

Do any of you want to lead a discussion on some technique, short cut, advanced method or anything else you consider your self to be a connoisseur at?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom