So... Who is seeing a reduction in their competition?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
It seems over the last few years a few of my competitors have been put out of business due to drugs and alcohol, but lately I've been thinking that I haven't seen many of my local competitors in the last year. We've also been quite busy this year. Booked out almost a complete week already at the end of march. Anyone else seeing this also?

Mikey P

Administrator
Not here.

Loads of cleaners in the book but I've only ever seen about ten of them on the road for as long as I'v been in town

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My town of 250k went from 71 last year to 78 cleaning companies this year.

Still too many for a town this size.

(Glad I'm on top of Google.)

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
In my area, without the franchises, there are probably only a half dozen real players. Most I don't even consider competition. I do what I do and don't worry about other companies.

Becker

Name
Becker
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
All I see is a trail of sh.. they leave behind.

I've seen some come and go, does not seem to be a shortage or cleaners in all classes around here.
We have some great local cleaners, and some not so great ones.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Haven't really noticed much here some come some go... March was up over 25% though.. somewhat amus

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have. And when they fail after 20 yrs I get a call saying it was my fault lol. Got two like that a few months ago.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Mike Draper

Doug Cox said:
In my area, without the franchises, there are probably only a half dozen real players. Most I don't even consider competition. I do what I do and don't worry about other companies.

thats how it is here, sometimes I wonder if I'm getting to comfortable.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I really haven't paid attention to the competition unless I see their website or van with their info etc.

I don't count how many or how big... I just do my own thang.

I have heard of some guys dropping out all together. Here and in Sacramento.

No real evidence.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nope same as always, same major players with a few more coming in for the cleaning season.

It must be tight for some, had a WDR loss last Friday night around 9:00 nice homeowner she wanted know know what she could do I walked her through somehthings but she decided on us doing it.

Sent a crew out, Saturday a supervisor checked the job and she mentioned we were not the first choice, she didn't know who to call so she called the biggest YP ad. She called a franchise but they took too long to respond back.

After she got off the phone with me, the franchise guys calls back.....in fact he called back twice. He was pissed that she called someone else, then called back later to see who it was.

She told him it was Chavez and he said "what if we can beat them out to your house?". She said she had already chosen us and we were in route, she gave them the opportunity first but they didn't return a call. He told it was only six miniutes and she should have waited longer for them to get back to her.

I can't believe he badgered her, it must be getting tight for them? :shock:

Connor

Name
Connor
Storm Warning said:
He told it was only six miniutes and she should have waited longer for them to get back to her.

I can, he saw big money going into somebody else's pockets, but you should never berate the customer for your own slack.

She'll remember them for that.

Name
I'm Rick James
I havent seen Surdi on the BB lately.. Maybe he got bought out by ZeroRez and moved to Utah or something. Seems like a nice rumor to start.. Just hope I dont get another C&D letter. :shock:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Doug Cox said:
well said mr cox. I see new cleaners come and go every year but most dont stick around. I have saw a few powerhouse companies in my area be reduced to almost owner operators from lack of advertising and sales activity during this tough economy. I have found my self on stage in competiton with cleaners I never thought I would catch simply because I learned how to run my business and quit worrying about what everyone else was doing.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Doug Cox said:
Most I don't even consider competition. I do what I do and don't worry about other companies.
same here, well said Doug.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Storm Warning said:
Nope same as always, same major players with a few more coming in for the cleaning season.

It must be tight for some, had a WDR loss last Friday night around 9:00 nice homeowner she wanted know know what she could do I walked her through somehthings but she decided on us doing it.

Sent a crew out, Saturday a supervisor checked the job and she mentioned we were not the first choice, she didn't know who to call so she called the biggest YP ad. She called a franchise but they took too long to respond back.

After she got off the phone with me, the franchise guys calls back.....in fact he called back twice. He was pissed that she called someone else, then called back later to see who it was.She told him it was Chavez and he said "what if we can beat them out to your house?". She said she had already chosen us and we were in route, she gave them the opportunity first but they didn't return a call. He told it was only six miniutes and she should have waited longer for them to get back to her.

speaking of WDR companies in my area they have EXPLODED when I started 10 years ago there were only a handful of companies. the S companies were not factors heck I don't even know if they were even around then. now we have all them and it seems like nearly daily I see a new company that I have never seen before. I would say in the last 2 years we have at least 30% more WDR companies rolling around. chavez that doesn't surprise me one bit about the guy badgering her. I went to an apartment fire we got called out on, no less than 8 or 9 companies showed up to ambulance chase it, including service master who actually physically blocked the door to the building with about 6 of their guys, I am not lying when I say this but the police had to ask them to leave. its dog eat dog out were I am at. I think pay offs and bribes are rampant. I am actually starting to hate the business I am in as a result. its gotten to the point that its not how great your work is but who you know and who you pay off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom