Sobering talk with the bookkeepers

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
All I wanted was to clean stuff and get paid.

I didn't want to support two other companies, work for free as a tax man or watch 85% of every penny I generate go elsewhere.

Where's that application for free cheese..?

Reactions: WillS

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I didn't want to support two other companies, work for free as a tax man or watch 85% of every penny I generate go elsewhere.

Sounds like you need a better accountant or tax consultant. That is a bad deal.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The free application is a fiddy.

Ofer, in the Coast Guard we often used a conical tool called a "fid" to seperate rope strands, so the rope could be spliced.

Depending on the size of the rope (or hawser), the fid could be quite large, as big as your lower leg.

We had an expression for times when we got shafted. It was called "getting the fid."

Here is a picture and description:
http://ropeandcanvas.blogspot.co.uk/p/tools.html?m=1

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
yep--Looking at my books I sure do feel like one of those was inserted into me as well :eekk:

but I did invest a lot into travel/educational training for me and my lead. and I bought a lot of "toys" for the biz, which has increased our quality and given the confidence to increase our prices-- so maybe 2016 will be a big payoff..

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
It is true. I drive a lot. Today I'm figuring out how to adjust, because my goals are a bit different than (I think) most people.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Where's that application for free cheese..?

long ago when I was young, married with kid on the way and broke-- We had to take that Govt Cheese. Along with that cheese came disgusting canned meat and powered milk and I think a few other disgusting items. Looking into that disgusting bag motivated me to invest $50 is some window washing equipment and make my own money.. Now that $50 investment has grown into nearly a $500K/ year biz. I think we took that Cheese twice at the most.

Wake Up!---- we the middle class support the super wealthy more then the poor. IMO

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
yep--Looking at my books I sure do feel like one of those was inserted into me as well :eekk:

but I did invest a lot into travel/educational training for me and my lead. and I bought a lot of "toys" for the biz, which has increased our quality and given the confidence to increase our prices-- so maybe 2016 will be a big payoff..

I hope it is, John. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom