Sodium Percarbonate as a booster

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Just curious, how effective others have found SP added to their pre spray to be?

IOW, have you found it to increase the effectiveness of stain removal or cleaning in general? I have been adding 4-8 Oz of SP to my inline sprayer in addition to Cobb's Powemaxx - (about 8 oz of PM - no dilution tip in sprayer). I realize Powermax already has some SP, I just don't seem to see THAT big of a difference, at least to justify the added expense of the SP. How say U?

FYI, I have found mixing SP in WARM water and shaking vigorously before adding pre spray makes a big difference. Tends to clog hydroforce otherwise, not to mention having to deal with foaming if water is too hot.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I wouldn't add it to Cobbs, more for a rinse booster, it will help with urine stains and boost pre sprays with out it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
looking back on the couple of years of our using it, IOW if any perceived benefit of boosting with SP was just in my head...

now boosting with 30 or 40 vol, i DEF see a benefit.

Reactions: SamIam

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Larry, what would be more effective. Adding powderBrightener or Odor Attack to Power Max for urine stained carpets, for odor andstain removal? How many ounces of these boosters would you add to Power max ina 2 gallon pump up sprayer? How muchdwell time do you recommend before a fresh water rinse?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry, what would be more effective. Adding powderBrightener or Odor Attack to Power Max for urine stained carpets, for odor andstain removal? How many ounces of these boosters would you add to Power max ina 2 gallon pump up sprayer? How muchdwell time do you recommend before a fresh water rinse?

The Dynachem Odor Attack adds an actual compatible Enzyme to the oxidizer.

It is our best solution for urine stains and odor.

I would add about 6 oz./gallon of hot water.

Remember that it will release oxygen, so it must be sprayed immediately.

Dwell time should be 15 minutes or so before rinsing.

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/inde...e5be268a6749a75b92fa85e58&keyword=odor+attack

Larry

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Larry generally speaking adding the SP to powermax wouldnt be normative for general cleanings, just boosting for pet stains and odors, and odor attack would be better then powermax boosted with sp?

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The Dynachem Odor Attack adds an actual compatible Enzyme to the oxidizer.

It is our best solution for urine stains and odor.

I would add about 6 oz./gallon of hot water.

Remember that it will release oxygen, so it must be sprayed immediately.

Dwell time should be 15 minutes or so before rinsing.

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/inde...e5be268a6749a75b92fa85e58&keyword=odor+attack

Larry

Larry I have been applying my urine stain and odour removal products with the Cimex because I think that the scrub helps better deliver the product to the source. My results have been great. What is your take on this ??

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I think it helps a ton on/with my presprays. I think it doesn't help that much with powermax because it already has some in it so you're not going to see that big of a difference.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Never found the Peroxide boost (liquid or powder) to make much (or any) difference in common (not urine) carpet cleaning situations.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I use a cup of cobbs brightener in my prespray 4 to 1 5 quart hydroforce with express lane it definitely makes the carpet pop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Ofer, there are different quailities of boosters. If you found it did not help at all it may be that you didn't use them in the way they would have the most impact. They don't make much difference in dark carpets or carpets that are not that dull to begin with or carpets that are not going to come back no matter what you do to them.

I think they help a ton and they help with the odors when they are not so severe they need a full blown deo.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ken, I tried the 40 Vol liquid and a few well known brands of the powder which to my knowledge are all pretty much the same product. Used it on white synthetic carpets.
Tried as a pre-spray + agitate and dwell, mixed in the 5 gallon jug right before cleaning and cleaned with that solution added to my detergent and tried both combined.
Still, did not find that they made much difference. Couldn't tell the difference between with and without.

As I said on my post, I was referring to normal cleaning (not for urine or as a deodorizer.)

That's been my experience, seems like it works for you. Be curious about others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom