Sodium Percarbonate in a rinse solution

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I havent experimented with this yet, but Im curious if adding Sodium Percarbonate to boost the cleaning power of say, something like dry slurry or even delimolene (as a rinse/cleaning agent) would increase its effectiveness as a stain remover or general brightner. Assuming you could keep the Ph within acceptable limits. Since percarbonate includes soda ash, would there be any residue issues? Perhaps SP or any oxidizer is better suited as a prespray?

Thanks for your thoughts and Merry Christmas.

Mikey P

Administrator
It sounds good and most of have tried using it in our rinse but we quickly find out the effervescent bubble action screws up gph meters and chem pumps as well as causing brass to corrode..

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
So Hydrogen peroxide would have the same issues? I wonder if adding a little teflon might protect against corrosion?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Hydrogen peroxide or Sodium Percarbonate need plenty of dwell time to be effective. Using it as a rinse will do you little good if you ask me.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
From my understanding many alkaline cleaners (rinses) do contain some peroxide (SP).
I think Soap Free does and others as well.

steve_64

remember, you are breathing in the vapors of your products. running something through high heat makes its easier to inhale and do damage to your lungs.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mike said it, pumps hate air, they are designed to push liquid not air. The bubbles cause cavitation (air) in the system causing you to lose pressure.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Judsons 02 system uses Sodium Borate, I believe. Which converts water to hydrogen peroxide and is a corrosion inhibitor. Perhaps this might be a good rinse booster?

randy

Name
Randy
Try powered peroxide as a prespray additive but none of the above in the mix tank.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
pro's choice makes a rinse that uses an oxegen base. In theory it is safer and doesn't leave much residue. Problem with it is that it doesn't clean well. I am not sure with powdered oxygen they use.

I am in aggrement with others. In a rinse an oxygen will give you very little advantage on cleaning. Rinses are very diluted when they go through the machine. At 4 gph with a flow of 2gpm that is 1-30 dilution. Additionally you dilluted the product in mix container. Usually about 32 oz per 5 gallons that is an addtional 1-20 dillution. Multiplyed together you have a final dilution of 1-600. Look for rinses that have good rinsing ability with some cleaning ability. Look for your pre-spray to have a mixture of good stain removing (oils, soils, some organic stains) and is rinsable.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
OK. I hate to pick on anyones product, But what about this O2 system that Judson makes. (BTW, I like and have used many of Judsons products.) From the msds it apears to use Sodium borate as an oxidizer. Does this really do anything or Is this just marketing?

I can see Richards point about how dilluted it would be in a rinse. But If you were to leave any active substance, such as sodium borate, percarbonate, or peroxide behind, you should see some benefit, unless your cleaning method leaves carpets instantly dry .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom