Solution hose valve, what type do you use?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Hey Guys,

This valve(below) came with the hose, six months later it wont close all the way. I need to go outside and shut the pump off every time I change a tool... Which is stupid!

MP-TMBV-EA.jpg

It also gets way too hot!

What type of valves do you use? Any recommendations?

Thanks again

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I got one of those at the local supplier because I asked the lady what is your best valve
MP-TMBV-EA.jpg

Sucker cost $28 and lasted a month before it became worthless (couldn't connect my tools). So I just order some cheepos and accept their limitations and change them out when they fail in 4-12 months.

Like these from ebay:

sutoffvalves.jpg

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I use the silver/chrome one you see sold everywhere. I put a little goop on the screw so the knob stays on but other than that it lasts about six months. One thing that extends the life of all ball valves is to connect your high pressure tile tools and opening the ball valve on your hose before turning on the pump. The handle of all tile tools are high pressure but these little valves are not.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Art Kelley said:
I got one of those at the local supplier because I asked the lady what is your best valve
MP-TMBV-EA.jpg

Sucker cost $28 and lasted a month before it became worthless (couldn't connect my tools). So I just order some cheepos and accept their limitations and change them out when they fail in 4-12 months.

Like these from ebay:

sutoffvalves.jpg
Same experience as Art. What a waste of money are those valves.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i buy from my supplier. they have black plastic knobs and teflon inside. i never had the inside fail. usually starts to leak around the knob, probably from getting drug to many times.

gene

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I love the valve that you showed. It does get hotter than heck though....that's my only complaint.

Seriously, the hardware store ones work well? Good to know, I will give em a shot.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Ive always wanted to the ones at the hardware store but the clearly state. 600 psi water,oil,gas right on Their body.

Are you saying these are actually safe to use?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
GeneMiller said:
i buy from my supplier. they have black plastic knobs and teflon inside. i never had the inside fail. usually starts to leak around the knob, probably from getting drug to many times.

gene

Same as Gene....the one in Coopers picture is a over priced POS....

I tried the ball valves from the hard ware store.....they seem to work good but after awhile when you crank up the pressure for tile..some how it locks itself off........

Chris A

Name
Chris
I was using bristors ss ones until he kicked me outta his sandbox. Over a year pf cleaning carpet and tile, and gettong drug on the ground with no issues. I have one left then ill jave to start looking around...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Parker WOG. A little bulky with the long valve handle, but never fail. Pricey, though.

I've used the one you pictured, and it failed after a few months.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
call tom at modernistic in troy michigan.he has these ball valves that have a yello plastic handle (cool touch) and are italian made,been using them for years.since 95.and know several other cleaners that use them as well.call tom he will hook u up and he is great to deal with.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Ace hardware 1/4 in gas vavle. Buy several there cheap enough. I have no problem with Tile or Carpet.

Replace maybe 2 times a year.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ascrubabove said:
go to lowes or your local hardware store, you can pick up a 1/4 in. ball valve that will last you longer than 6 months

same as James
(Fenstermaker too)

they're like 6-7 bukz and last just as long or longer for "us" than any valve we've used

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ditto on the Lowes, Ace, etc valves. I get at least two years until we replace hoses.

Some of the worst valves came from our industry suppliers.

Ive used several and the ones you can pick up from lowes or ace is fine but the ones i like and have had good
service with is the silver with black flat turn knob..
Most suppliers i think should carry them..
no screws to come off or arm to get caught on something.

Able 1

Name
Keith
JB has the best hands down.. AND they last the longest of any I've have ever had.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Solution hose valve, what type do you use?

Lee Stockwell said:
Ditto on the Lowes, Ace, etc valves. I get at least two years until we replace hoses.

Some of the worst valves came from our industry suppliers.

Ditto on this. I put a drop of super glue where the nut holds the handle on and they last until I replace the hose.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mikey P

Administrator
WOG.. sorry

Use a heat gun to gently pry to rubber sleeve off, cut the handle down an inch or so then glue the sleeve back on.

I use them at 1000 + PSI almost daily and never had one fail durring high pressure use.

Under ten bucks.

Those prochem valves suck.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Larry Cobb said:
jcooper;

brballvalve.jpg

This is actually a very good valve design:

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=4289

The only reason for short life is "o'ring swelling" due to high temps or chemical.

We use "High Temp o'rings" for longer life.

We also stock a quality Italian chrome/brass ball valve for better value:

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=4102

Larry

my experience with the top valve has been hit or miss, sometimes they work great and last a long time others not so much. If I am paying that much money all of them need to last. I use bridgepoints heavy duty ball valve, they last 6-9 mos before starting to leak a bit on the inside. normally if they are closed off and left off for a while hooking the hose up to them you find pressure has gotten where you don't want it and its difficult to put on. I can still connect my wand with the pressure on its just harder to do. some white grease helps it slide on and off.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
steve g said:
my experience with the top valve has been hit or miss, sometimes they work great and last a long time others not so much. If I am paying that much money all of them need to last.

The difference is where the valve is manufactured.

The best ones are made in the U.S.A. KMA!

The ones I seen fail are poor quality imports.

Larry

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I use the stainless steel ones that jb sells. I actually bought a dozen of them before I realized that he sold them. I actually paid more for them

Couple things about them. First is that they will loosen and start to leak where the inside part is screwed into the main body. I usually take it apart and put an oring on it before I install it. The handle will wear out much sooner than the valve. Probably because we drag it. third a little loktite on the screw that holds the handle on will save you lots of hassle.

The biggest reason I use them is because all the other valves would break on us. When I say break I mean that it would get dropped and the threaded part that screws into the quick connect would snap off inside the quick connect. They have been the longest lasting valves I have ever used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom