Some help making up my mind

Wade A

Name
Wade
I currently roll and hang my solution hose. I’ve been looking at the low profile reel from reel innovation. I would put on the floor in front of my vac hose reel. I guess the only real benefit of a solution hose reel would be to have it live. I read some of the threads on here on the subject but wondering what you think now. I was thinking of keeping 125’ of hose on it. What do you guys think?

B67D1626-32E3-46F8-846D-54CAC4CC0A71.jpeg 3F1A774A-AAA8-4AC5-8B27-AFCB938BB338.jpeg

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Speaking of trailers, I was pulling my trailer yesterday that’s looks just like yours on the inside. I put it on a hitch for my other trailer that is 1 7/8. It bounced off on 1-40 downtown in the left lane with no off room 50yds from junction curve. Chains held. Changed hitches in a shaking flurry by myself, got the trailer back on with traffic backed for miles😳 Proceeded on😅 got to the curve and it bounced off again😳🤬🤬🤬 OMG, in my haste, I didn’t get the pin in the hole and hitch came out of receiver. At least there was off room even even with 18 wheelers gaining by. I did get it back on without mishap. Be careful with your trailer!!!🤷🏻‍♂️ PS., the one I was pulling don’t have the truckmount, i use it for floor equipment.

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Speaking of trailers, I was pulling my trailer yesterday that’s looks just like yours on the inside. I put it on a hitch for my other trailer that is 1 7/8. It bounced off on 1-40 downtown in the left lane with no off room 50yds from junction curve. Chains held. Changed hitches in a shaking flurry by myself, got the trailer back on with traffic backed for miles😳 Proceeded on😅 got to the curve and it bounced off again😳🤬🤬🤬 OMG, in my haste, I didn’t get the pin in the hole and hitch came out of receiver. At least there was off room even even with 18 wheelers gaining by. I did get it back on without mishap. Be careful with your trailer!!!🤷🏻‍♂️ PS., the one I was pulling don’t have the truckmount, i use it for floor equipment.
If you hand rolled your hoses, you wouldn't have problems like that.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Wade A

Name
Wade
I’m glad everything was ok.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I currently roll and hang my solution hose. I’ve been looking at the low profile reel from reel innovation. I would put on the floor in front of my vac hose reel. I guess the only real benefit of a solution hose reel would be to have it live. I read some of the threads on here on the subject but wondering what you think now. I was thinking of keeping 125’ of hose on it. What do you guys think?

View attachment 91243 View attachment 91244
Are you left or right handed? And just to change the subject for just a min., what's under your floor where the exhaust is going through? Is there a plate that diverts the exhaust or is it just shooting straight to the ground?

Wade A

Name
Wade
Are you left or right handed? And just to change the subject for just a min., what's under your floor where the exhaust is going through? Is there a plate that diverts the exhaust or is it just shooting straight to the ground?
Right handed. For now straight down. I’ve got a pvc elbow there in one of the pictures that I’m going to install on it. It’s slides on now but won’t stay on when it’s running.

Wade A

Name
Wade
Right handed. For now straight down. I’ve got a pvc elbow there in one of the pictures that I’m going to install on it. It’s slides on now but won’t stay on when it’s running.
If you have another idea please let me know

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Go to tractor supply and get a plate of metal to screw on the two frame bars underneath the wood. That should give a 2-3" gap from the opening of the exhaust to the plate which will make it spread out in both directions. I did that on my trailer it it worked perfect. That elbow you're talking about will scrape something in the future

Reactions: Wade A

Wade A

Name
Wade
Go to tractor supply and get a plate of metal to screw on the two frame bars underneath the wood. That should give a 2-3" gap from the opening of the exhaust to the plate which will make it spread out in both directions. I did that on my trailer it it worked perfect. That elbow you're talking about will scrape something in the future
Awesome idea thanks.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You're tm is gonna get real dirty real fast if you don't fix that diverter before your next job. It stirs up so much dust when it shoots that exhaust that close to the ground

Reactions: Wade A

Wade A

Name
Wade
Nice idea thanks Matt.

C577FB1B-801C-4636-9B7D-D3F5B6905831.jpeg A71BA905-BF20-4FC3-B811-4CBD3C409BEC.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I always thought a live solution hose reel and Vacuum hose were the ones that shouldn't be live. The supply hose reel should be live, but the pressure hose? Nah. I think it puts early wear on the hoses that sit on the reel, and the only reason you would need one would be if you're in a Arctic Saiger like territory to prevent hose freeze

Wade A

Name
Wade
I always thought a live solution hose reel and Vacuum hose were the ones that shouldn't be live. The supply hose reel should be live, but the pressure hose? Nah. I think it puts early wear on the hoses that sit on the reel, and the only reason you would need one would be if you're in a Arctic Saiger like territory to prevent hose freeze
That’s why I was only considering 125’ of hose. The vac hose reel is my first reel. I use to tool coil them and just throw them on the van floor but now I really like rolling the hose up on the reel. It seams easier and a little faster. The black hose there in the picture is 100’ which I use I guess 95% probably more of the time. So if I had the 125’ on a live reel I would just pull it all off. I’m able to coil the hoses but I think I like reeling them in better. I also have a 75’ and another 100’ if I need them and would still coil them up. My vac hose is not live just makes things neater.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom