Some help making up my mind

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just try it Wade and see if you like it.

The reel will hold a lot of hose in a relatively small space, so you can roll the extra ones you have on it (the first ones) and save some storage space. Which will also help in them coiling less (the larger the diameter, less coiling) which is what I don't like with pressure hoses on a reel.

I don't think it will save much time as whatever seconds you save rolling them in, you'd more then waste on dealing with coiling. That is why I roll mine in much larger loops.

Also where will you position the reel?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wade A

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

The reel will hold a lot of hose in a relatively small space, so you can roll the extra ones you have on it (the first ones) and save some storage space. Which will also help in them coiling less (the larger the diameter, less coiling) which is what I don't like with pressure hoses on a reel.

I don't think it will save much time as whatever seconds you save rolling them in, you'd more then waste on dealing with coiling. That is why I roll mine in much larger loops.

How much storage space does it take to hang 300 ft of pressure hose with bungee cords. One of the reasons I hang my hoses is that I use the same van for picking up rugs, water damage, camping etc. It allows me to empty the van for other purposes. If you have a hose reel bolted down, you're stuck with it. Not a problem for everybody, I like to be flexible. That's why I do yoga.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Wade A

Name
Wade

On the floor in front of the vac hose reel

Wade A

Name
Wade
Is there any room to mount it on the side of your vac hose reel? That's what those holes are for on it.
I had them on there at first but I didn’t like them there or the way the black paint kept chipping off. Plus they weren’t live. I’m guess they could be made live. The small handle to roll them with wasn’t very satisfying either. I still have them what could I do to make them better.

4BB4DC95-AAF0-4132-8D62-94965703A38C.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I personally like that setup better than putting it on your floor. And if you're gonna invest any money into your hose reels, I'd leave them mounted like that and spend the money on getting an electric vacuum hose reel. It'll save you a ton of energy at the end of the job. I manually rolled up my vacuum hose reel for 14 years before I bought an electric. It really helps me enjoy my job more than I originally thought.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And there is a kit somewhere where you can convert your current reel into electric. I think it's about half the cost also. Just something to keep in mind.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I had them on there at first but I didn’t like them there or the way the black paint kept chipping off. Plus they weren’t live. I’m guess they could be made live. The small handle to roll them with wasn’t very satisfying either. I still have them what could I do to make them better.

View attachment 91282
Good gosh, what’s not to love about that?🤷🏻‍♂️Looks like there’s plenty of room to get in there, stand up, and roll them. Paint chip, well yeah🤷🏻‍♂️You’ve got it set just right without any debate🤷🏻‍♂️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom