Some people kill me

This guy just sent me an email and these are his words.

Hi Daniel;

Hope all is well, you guys cleaned my house on 9038 Red Tulip, grated it was very dirty, now that I finally went upstairs and check it out, master bedroom still in very bad shape, I thought you told me that it would be clean, that why you charged so much. So if you can call me, lets discuss this matter

Thanks

Mac

Of course I explained there would be some stains, he agreed to our price, he did inspect it and was upstairs while we were bringing tools down, and said wow it looks good.

Fookin cheap no good pos is just trying to get his money back and in his words he rents the house for 4k dollars per month. Replace the carpet like I recommended in the first place.

The job was done over three months ago. mam, thats for the basic steam clean only..

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0658.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hope he won't come on here and read your opinion of him.....

I had an old lady paying me cash and one of the 50dollar bills were fake...I returned it to her because I didn't wana have the cops on her case. She told me later that her daughter gave it to her.

Daughter calls me a couple days later calling me a scammer and a cheat and informs me that she looked me up and sees online that I'm a person that's involved in printing money etc etc etc...Sure enough I did a search with those keywords and I came up on google with my name and business name and "money printing".... Yes here on mikeysboard she found me that I said once that I print money.. I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked
I didnt notify the police about the daughter just to have record of it. She hung up the phone before I could say a word...and she called from a private number where I couldn't tell her number.

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 5&start=30 here in this thread I said "print money... KMA! KMA!

Anyways...be careful what you say about your customers because they can see it.

Weren't you the guy that said you looked at a guys computer once and saw that he was searching on how to start carpet cleaning and was asking you all these questions?? If thats true and the guy comes on here and sees that, how would you explain it to him? I rember you saying maybe that you made up the story?....I donno..just going off my memory.

Cool Hand Luke said:
Next time put your opinion of what result is to expected due to the conditions and have him sign it. It will avoid theses problems.

That's exactly what I did.

S

sam miller

Send himYour pics and ask him what happened in 3 months! also give them shoe covers and walk the job with him.

I would have cleaned a small area showed him what to expect and then made him agree to the results, or left.

the real problem is the new renter wants new carpet for the rent they are paying and he wants You to help finance that. I've seen Jimmy naked

S

sam miller

Also offer to go inspect it and see If it looks different from your last photo's

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I hear you Daniel. The after looked great. I did see some yellowing I think that if he was willing you may have been able to take out? Or is that just as far as the red would come out for you. The place was trashed and I don't know what people expect some times. Just respond professionally. No worries.

Fred H

what was the red stuff on the carpet and the baseboard? looks like that came out

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Why dose the dirty picture he sent you have what looks like ketchup on the baseboard and the clean picture dose not? or are these your before and after pictures?

Regardless 3 month to complain. I would go look at it and get down on my hands and knees to inspect it. You can tell if it has been used or not. If it has evidence of use look him strait in the eye and call him on it. If their is no sign of use just show him your pre-inspection report and you will have learned an invaluable lesson on wicking.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Yea, people are great. I had a couple last week didn't like my cleaning because we didn't remove 100% of the cat fur in their new house.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
3 months is way outside our waranty period. However, losing a customer might be worth a trip out there. Perhaps it's a case of wicking?

hogjowl

Idiot™
There are some people, no matter what you do or how you CYA, that will try to cheat you. Lots of times they get this way long before you ever meet them and by the time you run across them they don't even do it consciously. The thing you have to remember is this, those kind of people can also be your worse enemy.

So keep that in mind while deciding how to handle it.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
gregcole said:
3 months is way outside our waranty period. However, losing a customer might be worth a trip out there. Perhaps it's a case of wicking?
Go out and look at it, then you can explain the probable reason for what he sees after 3 moths after your cleaning.

Ask him why he didn't call before 3 months.

Do not second guess him without seeing it for yourself.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ah, just take a look at it just for giggles. Then look him in the eye and say " You've got to be shitting me".

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
How long could it take to run over a carpet you did 3 months ago?

You could even pad it and be done in a few minutes.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Royal Man said:

Not if he feels that the customer is abusing him by calling back 3 months later...

By going out and doing a redo on that without really questiong or "fighting back" a bit, would kinda seem "admitting guilt" where the customer thinks: yeah its that loser carpet cleaners fault that 3 months later the carpet is dirty.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I would make an appointment to go there... take your pics with you. See if you can match the spots on the before and after in the pics, tell him that you offer a return trip within a certain amount of time, but since he had different expectations, you would be happy to clean that room again at no charge, providing that while you were there he would write a nice review about how you had gone above and beyond to make a happy customer. Do not offer any kind of refund. If he asks for one, explain again your return policy, that you are making the extreme effort to provide him with a great experience with your carpet cleaning service, and his goal is to have a clean carpet, right?

The single good review from a Jackass will get you a few sales. He will also probably tell his friends, who already know he is a jackass, and if you can please him you must be the best carpet cleaner in the world.

It sucks to do this at first, but it can turn into a rewarding situation after all. We all hate these time wasting efforts, but I started to see these kinds of things as just the cost of doing business. The next terrific customer you get who saw your great reviews will more than make up for the time you spent.

Plus, if he ever calls you back you will have the satisfaction of being too busy to deal with him.

Name
I'm Rick James
I am guessing you really soaked the carpet trying to get it cleaned.. which caused the pad to get overly wet. So I bet all that wicked up days or weeks later after the cleaning.

If I was faced with that conflict I would go back out there to re clean it at no charge. Its a wicking issue that got caught months later because the house was empty... I personally would care if I had to go re clean one room to offer awesome customer service. You're not really losing any money doing it and you can turn a negative into a positive. He's not trying to screw you, probably just surprised about the wicking in the br.

Name
I'm Rick James
Zee said:
Royal Man said:

Not if he feels that the customer is abusing him by calling back 3 months later...

By going out and doing a redo on that without really questiong or "fighting back" a bit, would kinda seem "admitting guilt" where the customer thinks: yeah its that loser carpet cleaners fault that 3 months later the carpet is dirty.

Who really cares whos guilty for what. One of your paying customers has a concern about the cleaning you performed.. you should always have their back no matter what, even if it is 3 months later. This sounds like the house was empty for the last few months and he didnt venture back up to the br till now.. and we can almost guarantee that he soaked it to the pad so wicking seems very likely in this case and wasnt noticed till now. Why would you cause conflict with a customer over re cleaning something.. if they made an effort to call you back its something important to them regardless of the blame.

I do agree that there are customers that will try and scam you but those are very rare..

S

sam miller

I did a job berber that a competitor did.

They had cleaned it and walked on it put foot prints on the stairs and spot cleaned it off with a sticky shampoo that attracted soil like mad I think Haitian shampoo or hair shampoo.

I went back over there 5 times in a 6 month period trying to correct another cleaners problem, in the end they never called me again!

Her son moved mack home and was a mechanic never took his shoes off so every month those spots would reappear, she would call.

After the last time I said I could'nt do anymore.

She knew it was a competitor who caused the problem but still made it my problem.

Cant say I didnt try!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You did a good job but,,,,,,
The after Pic looks great for a Section 8, not for a 4k a month rental.

You should have been more worried about setting a reasonable expectation level than padding the bill.
If you did not recommend replacement on inspection you should not be surprised that the carpet is unacceptable to your customer. The guy “kills you” because he followed your expert recommendation to proceed with the high dollar carpet cleaning?

caleb211

danielc said:
This guy just sent me an email and these are his words.

Hi Daniel;

Hope all is well, you guys cleaned my house on 9038 Red Tulip, grated it was very dirty, now that I finally went upstairs and check it out, master bedroom still in very bad shape, I thought you told me that it would be clean, that why you charged so much. So if you can call me, lets discuss this matter

Thanks

Mac

Of course I explained there would be some stains, he agreed to our price, he did inspect it and was upstairs while we were bringing tools down, and said wow it looks good.

Fookin cheap no good pos is just trying to get his money back and in his words he rents the house for 4k dollars per month. Replace the carpet like I recommended in the first place.

The job was done over three months ago. mam, thats for the basic steam clean only..

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0658.jpg

Thats wild, I feel like I have had a few conversations that have started out that way, but I always try to head it off at the pass. Did you get him to sign the invoice saying he was satisfied?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom