Some suggestions please (pump problem)

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
We blew a hose yesterday that went from the General pump to the heat exchanger. Replaced the hose and could not pull water after that. Took the pump in today and had seals and pistons replaced, put pump back on and still no water?

Things I checked.
1. yes there is water in tank
2. filter screen clear
3. no air leaks

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
take the hose off where hooks to pump to see if you have good water flow- if no - work backward
If your pump is not gravity feed... then.. it should be

Its possible you have blockage in heat exchanger, not allowing water to draw into pump... in which case? descale?

basically trace the water from the tank down the line

Reactions: Mikey P

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
The water goes from the tank up to the pump then to the heat exchanger. I can't get it to the pump.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I tried pulling the hose from the water tank and put it in a bucket of water and it didn't pull

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Here is a pic of the set up. We do not use the water box . We pull from the water tank (see gray hose that angels down) on bottom of pic) and comes into brass fitting

Attachments

• DC534side1.jpg
    DC534side1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 357

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My water pump has two places to feed water. If you pull the plug or hose opposite the main feed water should flow freely. It will narrow down before or after the pump.

Gene

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Force feed it water with a garden hose. On inlet side to prime the pump and get it flowing for a minute. Shut water off unit connect tm inlet hose back up.

Make sure water box is filled and close lower supply line ball valve and open ball valve for water box. Water box must be full so your draw line will prime easier. Turn unit back on and run with a tool connected and hold trigger and spray for a minute. If prime still holds( if done correctly, it will) with unit still running switch ball valves again ( close water box water supply line valve and open fresh water line ball valve) and again check to ensure you are drawing by triggering wand or whatever you are using to check correct operation.

Call me if this doesn't work 817-829-4708

Reactions: Desk Jockey

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Got it. There was still garbage in the pump and it gummed up the new springs. Cleaned it all out and it runs great. I guess when they rebuild the pumps they can't flush them out to get any remaining debris?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Force feed it water with a garden hose. On inlet side to prime the pump and get it flowing for a minute. Shut water off unit connect tm inlet hose back up.
Exactly what I was thinking. Had to do it with a new Cat pump at one time.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
OK I'm 3 weeks in with no water still. I need a suggestion from someone on where I can take this to fix it. After having the pump rebuilt and still no water I took it to Cleaners Depot in Nashville. Chris Pond admitted he was just not too familiar with this machine and suggested I get the pump checked again because everything else checked out. Ok I take it back to the pressure washer place that rebuilt it and tell him it was a bad rebuild. He must have been insulted because he kept it for 5 days charged me another $100 on top of the rebuild and said there's nothing wrong with the pump. Tim from Cobbs told me how to put the hose from the water inlet to the pump along with the hose to the regulator in a bucket of water to see if it pulled water. It did so I guess there was no pump problem. ( Sorry pressure washer guy) Then I changed all the hoses on the machine. Still nothing. Cobb's said it a brass piece thats bad then. Ok well theres about 15 different pieces so I don't want to change them all so they say pressurize the lines to look for a leak. Here's where Im at I have a business to run, I don't want to turn wrenches. I have spent more time on this than I have in the past 10 years on any tm problem combined. I have a check book with money in it. It usually solves most of my problems. Can anyone suggest a place (besides taking it to texas) that can figure this out. If Chris at Cleaners Depot can't do it I feel I would be wasting my time taking it to an Interlink or Jon Don location. I need a guy like Jim Martin somewhere in the southeast I can take it too. I'm willing to just hand over my check book and say just fix it please. There is money in there. I don't want any suggestions on how to fix it from anyone here I just want a recommendation on where I can take it.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Didn't think Dale still did that? Thought he stopped working on tm's years ago?
I'll try him and see

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
It looks like one of your shut off valve is closed.!? maybe you closed if before you began working on the TM?-- I've made this mistake many times.

FredC

Village Idiot
Dan noticed that earlier....I assume he checked and flipped the waterbox off and the tank line back on

I thought this was aleady fixed based on the post a few weeks ago

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
That was a stock photo of the machine from Cobb I posted to show the lay out

If that was all that was wrong is the shut off valve was turned and they didn't catch it when I drove 6 hours to Nashville to get it looked at I would have been a little upset that they didn't figure it that out.!

Reactions: Papa John and FredC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom