Something you do not want to see on your new truckmount.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
IMG_3587.jpg

A circuit board made in China that controls all the electric functions of the machine. :confused: It craped out with today less than 40 hours on the machine.:madd: I was able to bypass the pump clutch and clean without heat. Luckily it is covered under a 90 day Warrantee . :oldrolleyes:

I bought an el Diablo because I thought it was simple easy to work on based off the Steamway. If / when it goes out again I’m going to bypass the damn thing which will be a PIA working off the candy ass wiring diagram from Masterblend. :madd:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Send me a copy of the wiring diagram and maybe we can come up with a more reliable circuit.

All electrical and mechanical componenants no matter where and who manufactured them have a possibility of failure.

Reactions: GCCLee and Mikey P

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I think you are mixing up tcs and masterblend...

I never heard of el Diablo being chief...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Don't get too down on your decision, they all break even new ones. Usually just minor bugs and once fixed you're good to go for a long time.
We've had most of the major brands and it's not that uncommon to have a minor problem with a new unit.

About the Steamway's, I had always heard they were HOT but they always had gen issues and heat problems???
When we were selling PC we always called them Steamway's Problematic's. :redface:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mike;

That circuit board looks like the control board for the:

1. Heater flow switch,

2. Temperature Thermostat

3. Oil Burner Fan

4. Oil Burner Solenoid

5. High Voltage Ignitor Transformer

6. Pump Clutch Switch

Remember the 90 day warranty on electrical items.

I remember troubleshooting the oil burners on our early TM's.

I appreciate that Heat Exchangers have no electrical complexity to deal with.

Larry

Last edited:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have experienced very few problems with the oil fired heating system on the steam way. In fact the only part that has ever failed is the flow switch which must be replaced every 200-300 hours. I have seen much more problems on the HE units with mechanical / electric failure which generally involve proprietary parts.
There are defiantly some problematic parts on the Steamway like aluminum waste, water box and chemical tanks and oddball plumbing.
The El Diablo seemed to have improved and simplified the Powermatic. I still do not understand the need for the circuit board.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom