Sooo, I ditched the whip and used a "real" wand today...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Sense getting the TM I've always used a 25' whip hose and a 12" wand.

Got a PC 14" wand(2"tube) about a month ago(needed a few thing fixed), used it for the first time today... Holy crap! Pretty unreal the difference. Thought it was going to rip the carpet off the tack strips(and our TM is no vortex)!

Pretty easy to see why a glide is a must, one open room of cleaning and I was sweating!

I do need a recommendation for some VERY flexible 2" hose, if I'm going to use this wand everyday, the crappy 2" hose that came with the tm wont do well. Don't bend for poop, just f's up walls, it's like a wrestling match!

Name
BradFenstermaker
Not sure what brand my lead hose is. But think it is the light royal blue from Prochem. It had white cuffs glued on them. Just make sure what you get is not too thin walled. The heat will collapse it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So now you use a wand with a glide.

So what's the difference when you are using a airflow RESTRICTED glide?

Other than the 2 inch diff between the wands I see no diff.

GLIDES RESTRICT AIRFLOW.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have bought real nice 2" hose from both Judson and Lisa a Greenglides. They both appear to be the same and have held up real well. They are 5 & 6 years old and are still very flexible.

Reactions: Russ T.

Mikey P

Administrator

GLIDES RESTRICT AIRFLOW.

If you used a real wand, you would not be having this tantrum right now.

You would UNDERSTAND THE GLIDE AND HAVE BECOME ONE WITH IT.

But not in a Danny sort of way.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

What length do you recommend? 50' won't get me to the truck on most jobs and 100' is a whole lot to deal with while working alone...are hose breaks with a quality cuff that big of a deal? Thanks John.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Reactions: John Olson

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Most people buy 50's but we do have it in 100' continuous. Next order I'm going to have them make me up some 125' which is what you usually need. I have to order 6 at a time when ordering custom lengths so I'm not going to order a whole bunch of different lengths. I still have some of the 100's I ordered a year and a half ago..

and no hose cuffs are not a big deal if you have good connectors and cuffs

Reactions: Russ T.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Jimmy, glides don't restrict airflow, a wand licked on the carpet does that. Go look up bernoullies principle. Glides create a faster moving air at the carpet wand interface, And you can always use a slotted glide if you feel you need more air.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

GLIDES RESTRICT AIRFLOW.

the other day cleaning the ladies house she asked me if I was whistling at her is the wand just happy to see me

hogjowl

Idiot™
My ideal set up would be to have both a 2 inch wand and a 1.5 inch on the truck. For small bed rooms and closets, I would use the 1.5. For large dens and such, the 2 inch. My problem with the 2 inch wands I currently own are they both overspray terribly. I have had the general solutions recommended to me over the years ... changing the degree of the jets, turning them, etc. Nothing solves the problem.

So, until I get a well made 2 inch wand that doesn't leave wet stipes down both sides of the wand head, I will just muddle through with my well made 802.

One day, I will be somewhere where somebody has a well designed 2 inch wand that doesn't overspray the moment you put a glide on it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if you're running all 2", I'd go with the 50ft length of Superflex. There are two versions of the superflex, one is stiffer, get the more flexible. You can run your stiffer lengths to the front door and keep your new length for inside only. Mine rarely sees outside a house.
You can run 2" right to the wand, whether you have a 1.5" or 2" wand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom