Sorry Greenie, but I bought another one!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know you didn't like the first one and now there's two!

My gas bill dropped from a high of over $8,000.00 to just over $1,800.00 last month.

Of course it helped that the price of gas is half of what it was, but the 50-mpg has been nice!

Now I've got to get them lettered or a mini wrap!

DSCN2690_edited-1.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
have you gone tree hugger on us?? you do realize that carrying around lead, heavy metals, all that battery acid, coupled with a reduced life of the vehicle your net pollution is higher at the end of the day than a hummer. it polluted to make those batteries and dispose of them, hybrids have a shorter overall life, remember tree hugging is really all about feeling good and thinking your doing something, you need to look at the extra cost of the thing and see how much fuel and miles you have to drive to overcome the extra sales price of the vehicle, it makes even less sense when fuel is 1.65/gallon.

if you want good mileage, buy a VW diesel they get about the same mileage as a hybrid, with more torque, pep and no batteries that could shock and kill any responding EMT's when trying to get someone out of the car after an accident.

sorry for the rant richard, your still and alright guy :lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No Problem Steve, I caught hell last time too! :mrgreen:

No tree hugger, just made these decisions when gas was $4.00
They are lease vehicles, so in 5-years we can switch to something else if the Hybrid doesn't work out.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea Steven,
Dunham is my 16-year old daughters favorite.

They saw him in Wichita last fall and he's coming here this spring.

What's cold blooded is she will come in the office and do the "Immm Gaaay to the supervisors that drive those cars. :mrgreen:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Yes definitely a mini wrap.

RCTPKS said:
I know you didn't like the first one and now there's two!

My gas bill dropped from a high of over $8,000.00 to just over $1,800.00 last month.

Of course it helped that the price of gas is half of what it was, but the 50-mpg has been nice!

Now I've got to get them lettered or a mini wrap!

DSCN2690_edited-1.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
July $7811.00
Aug $8613.00
Sept $7052.00
Oct $7520.00
Nov $4652.00
Dec $2721.00
Jan $2290.00

I like the direction it's headed. :)

But spring and summer are just ahead of us.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Marty when I was a teenager we jacked up the rear end, threw on a pair on Creager's and a set of N-50's to be cool. 8)

Low just can't compete with that!

Name
steve snail
RCTPKS said:
July $7811.00
Aug $8613.00
Sept $7052.00
Oct $7520.00
Nov $4652.00
Dec $2721.00
Jan $2290.00

I like the direction it's headed. :)

But spring and summer are just ahead of us.

Be careful what you wish for. Methinks a $2000 APRIL gas bill would really freak you out!

TimP

You know Honda has a new low price hybrid coming out in a few months. 19 grand I believe is the pricing and the price difference more than makes up for the fuel economy difference between the prius and new insight. I believe they get around 45+ hwy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We almost went with the Ford Escape Hybrid's, they had a blue that was close enough to our color and it was a lot better looking, but our lease agent said they resale was not comparable, so we went with the Prius

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Just talked to a guy in St. Louis that bought four that were returned to the dealership with less than 4,000 miles because they don't go very well in the snow. For $11,000 each they pencil out pretty well, even if they stay parked in the winter.

His wraps will include vinyl "solar panels" on the roof.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bryan
We had 3-snows from 2-4 inches and the guys said they had no problem with them.

I was a little concerned because we traded in 4-wheel drive pickup's for the them.

So far no complaints. I went from 15-mpg on the Tundra's to 35-highway and 50-city. They are used for estimating and marketing so mostly city.

Name
steve snail
RCTPKS said:
You're right Steve, I would want it low for that reason! :shock:

Think you missed my point. The larger the gas bill the busier the fleet is during the spring, i.e., if you only spend 2k on gas in April, the vans are not producing. The larger the gas bill the larger the profit, eh? Unless those gas bills were just for the tacos.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I had a 87 VW Jetta that got 35+city and up to 50hwy. 20 yr technology!
And they brag about getting the same mileage or less in newer vehicles, and need it to be a hybrid on top of that!

I was at the airport coming back from MF and some car was being advertised at 35mpg! My 73 beetle got 35 mpg!!! What a joke.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Exactly what Ron is saying!

In one word TurboDiesel! Check out all those euro models on the net and start wondering why the heck can't we get those engines here.....

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
They are definitely not any worse then the Ford diesel trucks or Dodge diesels Or Chevy....actually VW sells some awesome tdi engines again and my friends that own them all getting 38city mpg and 45-50freeway mpg.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom