Speaking of company images and tattoos....

Connor

Name
Connor
I was in BestBuy earlier tonight and I saw some gaming console that had a loop commercial/how to presentation about it's features and I could not help but notice that the guy in the "commercial", wearing BestBuy attire, had large tattoos on his left arm.

That's the first time I've seem a commercial showing random tattoos on an employee. Is this a hint at a new trend?

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Must be...

Everyone is doing it! My 19 year old sons scams chicks for money and runs to the tattoo shop. He got this nice Latin Kings tattoo on the side of his neck, like a REAL PRO!

I don't want to be near him when he pisses off the wrong hispanic guy.

FredC

Village Idiot
Its become symbolic of tech knowledge and hipness......I blame NCIS......

but people aren't looking for a hip techie to clean their carpets, fix their sink, or babysit their kids.............not that tats would turn them off necessarily but I doubt you will see it in marketing materials.

and I (and like 40% of the pop) have tats......

FredC

Village Idiot
Mikey P said:
a local Starbucks (of all places) here wont hire those with visible tatts.

amazing.

I'm not one to buy over roasted coffee frequently.....but I certainly wouldn't buy it if there wasn't a hot chick with tats and piercings writing my name on the cup

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I see more and more lip piercings and ear stretchers....Or whatever they're called.

Now I know why my dad and his dad called young people dumbasses. lol

But I don't think I ever did anything that would screw up my skin forever.....I don't get that.

I change the way I do things...wwaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to get a tat. I would be covering and re covering with new ones every damn week. :lol:

I do think they are cool.....But not for me.

spiderman-tat-1.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good lord

use-ear-stretchers-800x800.jpg

Such a pretty girl too. Sad.

lip-piercings.jpg

I know some lip piercings aren't even real.....But I know a ton are.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I've had one on my bicep for close to 20 years, I got it when it wasn't cool to have one, a t shirt covers it. Maybe it's just me, but I'll never understand the neck tattoo. That is such a horrible trend...can u image these people when they're in their 40-60's looking like this? There's this guy that plays for the Denver Nuggets with his entire neck covered, I would never hire an asshole that looks like that.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, 1 or 2 is almost expected nowadays....But if you start putting tear drops or crap on your face and neck.....I mean really?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
FredC said:
Its become symbolic of tech knowledge and hipness......I blame NCIS......

but people aren't looking for a hip techie to clean their carpets, fix their sink, or babysit their kids.............not that tats would turn them off necessarily but I doubt you will see it in marketing materials.

and I (and like 40% of the pop) have tats......

Hot chick pouring coffee in a starbucks is a fantasy- doesn't happen in real life. At least not in any Starbucks or other coffery I have been in.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I have a neck tattoo. It was the first tat I ever got, back in '89. It was a little frog that matched the frog on my late husband's arm. Since it's now 23 years old, it's pretty hard to make out what it is, but I still treasure it. That's what disturbs me.....all of these tats look really cool now, while the kids are young and the ink is fresh, but give it 10, 20, 30+ years and we're gonna have some really ugly blotches all over people.

Take care,
Lisa

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had a tech that had a 12" dagger on one forearm and the grim reaper on the other entire forearm.

(When I hired him he had a long sleeve shirt on.)

It was during the summer and I made him wear a long sleeve uniform shirt because it was scaring a lot of old ladies. (Tatoos were not the rage back then.)

He only lasted a couple of months must of been heat exhaustion.

The young kid was an heir to a few millions anyway. He didn't want to work much and was spending his life waiting for grandpa to die.

That was over 20 years ago. Wonder if he is still waiting out his life?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom