Speaking of doing biz in California (Forsythe)

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Five?? What happened to #6? LOL

All of our Store Managers were once Carpet Cleaners, and can really relate to the people whom we service. That helps.

But you take each individual store, and really they would have a much tougher time on their own. Each location ebbs and flows, having good months, and not so good ones. The strength of 6 diverse locations collectively add strength. Not that it hasn't been tough. We've spent quite a bit of time on creating greater efficiency in the last 4 or so years, and that is the bulk part of my role here. Going back a few years, it was much easier. Our tight Inventory control, balancing each store's individual needs has been key. Because you see, each store tries to exercise a measure of independence as far as the "flavor" of each location meeting the region's customers. Some locations feature more restoration equipment, while just one services Jan-San to a far greater extent than the others. But with six locations, you have the flexibility to adapt almost instantly when challenged.

People talk about the regulations and burdens on business in California. Most of the pain comes from ignorance, and some comes from seeing some not playing by the same rules for an advantage. But if you stay informed, and work with the system, you can do decently. But it isn't the same all over. In the last 3 years, we've moved two of our locations, and a big part of it was costs associated with the old locations. Some local authorities are really punishing their businesses and don't seem to care or realize how they are engineering a wasteland devoid of their main source of revenue. Our biggest strength is the ability to adapt to change.

Then again, who knows just how bad it is going to get. Never mind the national economy, we have a State Government that is really out of control on spending. When people start talking about State Bankruptcy happening sooner, rather than later as being a good thing, you know its bad.

Everyday, I am thankful for our customers with which whom I perceive a mutual bond of loyalty. We would be lost without them and want to stay strong that way.
There is no talk of gloom at all amongst our employees, and we work as a family to stay that way. The great majority of the people here have been with the company at least as long as I have, coming on 6 years, and those that have been here less than that are everybody's equal. Good people to work with.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I always thought the CCS stores were great. I loved doing CADs with those guys.

Tony is a great guy. He is super lucky to have Shawn. Shawn is one of the good guys.

They all told me I was the best salesman in the industry........ :roll: :roll: :roll: LOL

Adam

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
My guess would be quality staff. I have only been to one, the one in North Highlands by Sacramento. The manager is Scott and he is beyond awesome. Lots of information and takes the time to explain it to you. I pay more in a lot of cases to do business with him just because of how much he trully helps the business owner. If your reading this, Give Scott a raise!

Jimbo

I went by a supplier on the peninsula on Friday...they were FULL of customers...shop was packed with equipment for sale and repair...the Hydramaster Demo truck was there...and they had a nice steak on the grill for me!

Thanks Greenie!

http://www.carpetms.com/

Sorry I could not visit all my friends in the Bay Area...actually had a funeral to attend.

C

cucu

good catch Jimbo.... sorry i didnt see you for a pint but glad you stopped in to see Ray and co at CMS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom