spilled milk

glenboy

Name
GLEN
customer spilled milk on a cheap-o- burbur carpet and it smells,i hit it with a enzyme and cleaned it really well and it still smells:yawn:.now i am goin back in the AM to re clean.this is my neighbor:winky:and i am more than happy to go back.what ideas do you have that may work

steve_64

molecular modifier. dilute 50/50 and soak the spot with the equivelant of a glass full or inject into pad and clean that spot last or leave overnight. works every time.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i have never had a spilled milk call that i recall anyway,the prods i have are prochem and sapphire.why is this milk so tough to cleanout?? i thought an enzyme wpood do the trick.now i am wondering if an acid rinse is the answer

steve_64

i have never had a spilled milk call that i recall anyway,the prods i have are prochem and sapphire.why is this milk so tough to cleanout?? i thought an enzyme wpood do the trick.now i am wondering if an acid rinse is the answer

you just have to use enough and get to the sub floor with it. a surface treatment isnt enough, just like urine.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

enzyme should work fine .
what product do you have??

I don't recall having any trouble with milk spills
my guess is you didn't flush it well enough to get all curdled gunk out.
and/or didn't use enough pre-spray

berbers are difficult to clean all the way to base of the fiber ...(that's why some have wicking problems with berbers )

do this;
nuke/saturate the spot with pre-spray
key the wand and chop stroke it ...hit it hard and chop stroke the chit out it .
Then give it some long slow dry strokes ..make sure your dry strokes go well beyond the area you chop stroked

Then a couple/few long SLOW keyed flush/rinse back strokes with slow forward dry stroke ..couple more S-L-O-W keyed flush rinse strokes and forward dry stroke
finish with with plenty of slow dry strokes ...again, be sure your dry strokes go well past where the wet strokes stopped

..L.T.A.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
key the wand and chop stroke it ...hit it hard and chop stroke the chit out it .
Then give it some long slow dry strokes ..make sure your dry strokes go well beyond the area you chop stroked

whats a chop stroke...are we going all bruce lee now....:lol:

the answear to your problem is

take your thing out and pee on the carpet give it some dewell time...then tell her the sour milk smell is gone
then
explaine to the lady how pee removel costs a bit more but its worth it not to have the smell in the house..and how she dosnt want the neighbors to know her house smells like piss:very_drunk::very_drunk::very_drunk:

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

whats a chop stroke...are we going all bruce lee now....:lol:

you serious??

chop stroke is a series of aggressive short back and forth keyed wand strokes

..L.T.A.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
you serious??

chop stroke is a series of aggressive short back and forth keyed wand strokes

..L.T.A.

Have you got a video of it .............i,ll pay you for it..well crowley will He likes doing all that chop chop stuff

steve_64

glen, take the enzyme you have follow the directions if you need to dilute, and pour a glass full of it on the spot so it soaks to the subfloor if you dont have an injection needle and come back the next day to extract the area. its really simple. the enzymes need to touch all of the spilled milk that soaked to the sub floor and it needs dwell time to work.

i like molecular modifier because of the strong baby powder smell. i go through a lot of it. its my go to for cat pee. the house will smell good immediately while the product does its job.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Because the customer called back about the odor and not the stain, I agree with the posters who state there is still milk down in the cushion (pad) and/or subfloor. This needs to be flushed out. I would saturate with a favorite cleaning solution and then use the Water Claw.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I always take care of milk spills with an enzyme pretreat. I always use enough to match the spill size. I follow it with a regular cleaning. If you have a water claw, that would be the way to handle it.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I always take care of milk spills with an enzyme pretreat. I always use enough to match the spill size. I follow it with a regular cleaning. If you have a water claw, that would be the way to handle it.
I had a chocolate milk box tip over under the driver seat of my van and did not know until the stink got so bad i looked for it. Gave it a good spray with Pro Chems Urine Rescue. Worked 100%

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I normally use an injection needle in this situation. some sally's 40 volume out of a syringe and needle autta get er done. I would use quite a bit and just leave it to soak.

steve_64

be careful not to flush away the enzymes with a water claw before they have had time to fully digest the spill or the odor will return the next time the home gets humid. you will never flush the subfloor enough to remove all of the spill that has soaked in to the wood or concrete. let gravity your product and time be your friend.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
went back today and flushed with an e-zyme and went home for 40 mins and came back cleaned really well,even tried the "chop stroke"wore me out real quick.used an acid to clean with dried with a airpath and --we'll seehow it does

glenboy

Name
GLEN
yea went home,my neighbor keeps ref me to her other neighbor moms,while i was there she told me hubby works for the DEA and trust no one,and she is a smokin hot young school teacher that loves to talk.so rather than hang out for 40 mins while the e-zymes work i went home then when hubby called like he was doin every 10 mins i was not just hangin out

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And people think that we carpet cleaners are dumb!
We need:
Technical skills.
Marketing skills.
Physical skills
People skills.
and...............
Psychological wherewithal.

We must be geniuses :razz:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom