Sponsor a hole in a golf tourney?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
ResizedImage_1379621244857_zps8162df6a.jpg

We do occasionally, this one was for the local realtor’s association, and proceeds go to a realtor relief fund.
We gave each participant a rope pen in the goodie bags and then gave out bottles of cold water, a coozie and a package of 10-blue tees at our hole to anyone that wanted them. It was a hot day so cold water was a hit although there were some that preferred something stronger even at 11:00 AM.

It was great!

A good time and some exposure. Will we actual get work from it? Probably not much but working on existing relationships and developing new ones.

Erin doing the hard work. ; )

ResizedImage_1379621179531_zps8e4778e6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I do holes at a couple golf outings like the humane society and claims association outing and a local youth hockey tournament.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
So my question is how many people saw your hole sign and recieved your packages of goodies? Next question is how much was spent and how much time you spent to do it?

In marketing there is only one number that makes any sense, that is return on investment. Sometimes you can't directly put a return on investment, like a billboard, but you can get an idea of how much you spent per person that may have been exposed to it.

I have been approached before to do golf things and have always turned them down. First reason is that golf is dominated by men, not saying women dont' play but majority are women. Second these guys are there to play golf and not look to hire a carpet cleaner. And third your cost per person that is exposed to your company is really high (a dollar for a pen on a string, 50 cents for tees and 25 cents for water plus the cost of the sign)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There were 150 golfers plus a handful of other vendors, tournament admins and country club personnel. All golfers played the hole, some a little more under the influence than others.

I'd say the majority fit our target market, either a realtor, businessmen or just affluent. Dan's group included our accountant, insurance man, lease agent.

Costs averaged $3.45 per person. 100 pens @ $1.50, 3 cases water @ $6.00, 2 bags of ice @$2.00, 50 coozies (old stock) $1.00, 1000 blue tees @ $30.00, plastic envelopes @$1.50, Erin's business cards@$4.50, 5-hours Erins time $60.00, 2-hours Steve's time setup/ teardown $30.00 plus $100.00 hole sponsorship. The table, table cloth & chair are ours, the sign was provided as part of the hole sponsorship.

$518.00 is nothing to sneeze at but these are people we are trying to reach. Erin said she met several people she had been trying to reach but had never made it past the gate keeper. Here they were able to meet on another level and if anything they may feel they owe a debt of retroproscity.

For me the chance of getting work is good, a carpet job would pay for it

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Plus richard does this every month somewhere, really not a 1x event. Parades, home shows,golf, etc.
It adds up.

Great way to get your name out there for a very low cost, imo.

Reactions: TomKing

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
qdraw.gif

Reactions: Chris A

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Fookers!

Let it be known that the ESL community on MB is steadfast in its support of its native son.

Sir Richard may neither posses the full grasp of the English language subtleties nor its retroproscity, but is heart most certainly is in the right hole.

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
No it is written exactly how I meant to write it. I wanted him to know, we are going to have to check everything he posts.

But I do understand how you messed up in comprehending what I wrote and it is completely understandable.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
we do that every year for several charities but for two we pull out the stops and have secret prizes. People love it and everyone knows the Xtreme Carpet Cleaning holes. Between hidden drinks, oyster bar, and a stripper pole as a putter. If you do not know the bar is behind the bush you keep playing and it makes everyone look for my hole every year

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom