Spot wicking, now not coming out.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Cleaned 6000 sq ft of carpet at MICA...Big office building. All old worn out green nylon. Very worn and dingy.

Call me a hack but used bus load of bonnets and 175 and Releasit DS2. All brightened up well.

All small coffee spots and pop spills came out fine.

One spot in front entry. Right to the right of the entry counter. Was yellowish/brown when I cleaned it. Large coffee type spill. Should have pulled in extractor to flush out but they have a Five Star rug doctor style machine they bought used from us and said they flushed it good when they first found it with neutral spotter.

Cleaned. They said it was sitll there. But just looked damp. Did not look yellowish/brownish. This was two days later so far dry by Monday. Went in Monday with 175 again (Yes Hackish but was a muddy and sandy parking lot after raining all day. Used Releasit and 49 Vol

Still there next day. Looked a little worse.

Extracted with Magic Bullet and Some solvent and Slop n Gobble

Still there. Looked a little better.

Went in with dry cleaning powder tonight and Sebo Machine.. Gonna leave on there for the weekend.

Weird.

Started yelowish/brownish now just looks damp all the time.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
May be a pH issue or excess surfactant residues... Try misting on some diluted acid rinse, groom it in mist again and extract it out (this should help correct either situation). Mist on a little 30 volume & groom it in let it dwell for a few minites if a spot remains and rinse again giving a few extra dry passes. At this stage the spot should be gone... Mist it with a good crystalizing encap such as Snake Oil, Hot Knife, Surround or Releasit at spotter mix dilution (or go straight to Magic Bullet) and groom it in & blot with a towel, mist again lightly and leave a fan on it for about 10 minutes just to be sure. I hope it helps...

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Probably unlikely to be the problem but did you give it a good vacuum when dry just in case it was some sort of contaminant wicking up?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
JHC. Flush it out with a TM. All that different kinds of Encrap needs to be flushed out. You ever see the Release It ad bragging about getting that sub pump oil out of the carpet. Well I called them about Hydraulic oil in carpet. Guess what Rickys chimp told me to do. FLUSH it out. Probably how they removed the sub pump oil. Read the fine print. Five Star extractor flushed it out. LMFAO. Did you tell the that machine you sold them is a POS? Extract the carpet with a TM and post pad it and be done with it. And always remember There is NO MIraCle sHampoo.

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom