Spotter Give aways

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
A few years ago I first started out giving the 8 oz spotter bottles, but I would feel weird giving the smaller bottles out when clients would hundreds of $'s for their carpet cleaning. So I went up to the 32 oz custom spotter bottles, well these took a ton of room in the van, and I also noticed how people would call me up asking for more "spotter" but when I looked at their last cleaning date, they haven't cleaned in well over 1-2 years, and I started to wonder if they were cleaning their carpets w/ my spotters (or just the more visible spots and not calling me). So I've ran out of spotters and want to "downsize" on the larger bottles.

I'm just not sure about the whole "lifetime" spotter thing, since as I mentioned I've been getting people that want more but haven't cleaned in a while. I'm thinking of switching to "up to a year refill".

Trying to see if people just stick to the 8 oz spotter or have any one of you been giving out the 16 oz's instead? I was thinking of going to the 16 oz, or just the 8 oz, and if people asked for more I'd either give it away (depending on the client/job size), or charge for it.

Bill

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
If they are calling you give them all they want. Not every one cleans once a year, I have two who go 8 years I am surprised they still have my number.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I always give what they want, maybe a bit too much at times.

Every 8 years, I just don't understand clients sometimes. They'll spend $300-$400 a month on their HD cable, but won't spend the same or less per year to have a healthy and clean home.

I'm trying to decide if it makes a difference going down to 8 or 16 oz's..and see what size(s) people are using.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I switched from 16 Oz to 32 and clients love it.
Didn't notice any difference in frequency of cleaning. If they can clean with your 32 oz bottle, they can also do it with a 32 oz of Resolve, Folex or whatever for the grand total of $1.99.

Give them the 32 oz, clients love it, it feels generous to them, the price difference is negligible and it creates good will.

I don't do the lifetime refill thingie. Not that I mind giving the free spotter, I am not willing to travel all the way to deliver it. I tell them that every time I clean for them I'll give them a free one. If they want one between cleanings I tell them to call me and I'll let them know where I am cleaning at the time. They are welcome to come and pick one for free.

The very few that do I treat like my long lost buddies. eat yor heart out Werner

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We give them to good clients when we clean and when we are late or move their appointment time. No life time spotter but when asked they can pick up a 16 oz bottle at the office ($9.00 value)
We also sell the 32oz bottle in the office, it stickered so those that are given know the value of the product given them.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
43 years in the business!!!???? I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked

You got to be kidding.

How many of those, you were but a glimmer in your ancestors' eyes?

What?! They don't have child labor laws in Topeka? eat yor heart out Werner

Somebody call CPS.

mcatt

Name
Mike
I'm giving away the smaller bottles and clients are loving them. Just another way for the clients to remember me I figure.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
43 years in the business!!!????

You got to be kidding.

How many of those, you were but a glimmer in your ancestors' eyes?

What?! They don't have child labor laws in Topeka?

Somebody call CPS.
Yea my father started this business in 1967, so we have actually been in business 45-years.

I was my father helper since 1970, I was 12 years old, and no labor laws back then, slavery was still legal in our household. eat shit!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom