Sprang for a Santaire this week

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've been a fan of bissels for a while. My first one, a power force, was pretty good other than constantly cleaning filters and after about 2 years it crapped out. The next bissel I bought was a cyclonic power groom and that thing sucks.

I've been using my new Sanitaire all week now and I'm very impressed. Its a very simple machine that is built like a tank but most importantly this thing really pulls out the dirt and when I say dirt I mean heavy dirt not a lot of fluff, carpet fibers, etc.

For you Sanitaire users, I know the belt is the week part so I bought extras. My question is do they tend to break or just stretch out and become less effective? How often do you change them?

Also, any tips on setting the height? Do you prefer to set it pretty low and have it really dig deep or just kind of skimming the top?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mikey P

Administrator
belts were Super inconsistent a few years back

some would break in minutes, some would stretch out after just a few feet and other would last for weeks. Didn't matter the brand or source.

Speedy Sweep has some very cool hipped up Sanitaires under the Oreck name.

drop the brush roll all the way down and then gradually lift it up until the vac moves easier-enough

Name
Anthony Perry
As mike said if you adjust the brush roller while the machine is running so that its not dragging the machine down you will get the longest life out of the belt. The harder the motor works in this case the belts work just as hard. Another thing when you replace the belt make sure to clean the pulley and brush roller pulley by removing any rubber build up that may have accrued before a belt broke from heating up or the belt will end up heating up to a sticky layer of rubber and wear out faster than it should.

You should always have extra belts on hand for commercial use with these type of machines, the only machines you don't really ever have to worry about are cog belt bypass systems.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
5 years with my Proteam uprights and they prove themselves over and over. I became a distributor to get them in the hands of my customers and a few fellow cleaners at no profit but soon after the "online" prices were cheaper then my cost (they have bulk discounts). If you are really looking for a production oriented dual motor vacuum I can't imagine any disappointment.

You will be a fan of the quick draw nozzle which allows you to suck the gully's, coins and other debris easier then any vacuum. The bags are big, cheap and change in a heartbeat. Even if you can't muster the energy to grab a new bag and you pack one causing the full light to come on, it's still moving enough air right up to that moment.

Belt changes require a Phillips screw driver and a short learning curve. Lube the screws and you won't curse the plastic housing from breaking. Every dam part is available. The HEPA filter pops in and out. The whole machine lays down like a pan cake and sneaks under areas that will make you say "cool". I had Bissels, Sanitare, Kirby and even borrowed a Windsor. For me, the Proteam was worth all the research it took to find a great vacuum.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
5 years with my Proteam uprights and they prove themselves over and over. I became a distributor to get them in the hands of my customers and a few fellow cleaners at no profit but soon after the "online" prices were cheaper then my cost (they have bulk discounts). If you are really looking for a production oriented dual motor vacuum I can't imagine any disappointment.

You will be a fan of the quick draw nozzle which allows you to suck the gully's, coins and other debris easier then any vacuum. The bags are big, cheap and change in a heartbeat. Even if you can't muster the energy to grab a new bag and you pack one causing the full light to come on, it's still moving enough air right up to that moment.

Belt changes require a Phillips screw driver and a short learning curve. Lube the screws and you won't curse the plastic housing from breaking. Every dam part is available. The HEPA filter pops in and out. The whole machine lays down like a pan cake and sneaks under areas that will make you say "cool". I had Bissels, Sanitare, Kirby and even borrowed a Windsor. For me, the Proteam was worth all the research it took to find a great vacuum.

That's all wonderful but I already did my research and I bought the Sanitaire.

Can I just throw the bag in the washing machine occasionally or what do you do to keep it nice?

After using it all week I'm truly amazed at the amount of soil it is pulling out of each job.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mikey P

Administrator
This is the same as a ProTeam right?

12b43350b9e391117ae4ea8fa738d6ec_polg.jpg

NEW
Speedy Sweeper
READ MORE

* Two Motor HEPA Vacuum - Commercial Duty High
Efficiency Suction Motor with Powerful Brush Roll Motor

* Hi Tech Fire Retardant sound Deadening gel for Quiet use
during Daytime or Night Time Cleaning.

* 15in Cleaning Path

* Long Lasting Geared Belt Drive

* Perfect® Lock Stretchable Attachment Hose – Dependable
Screw in Fit so Hose Locks in Without Fail – Hose Stretches
from 3 Feet to 6 Feet.

* Built-In Circuit Breaker – Automatic Shut Off Brush roll Motor
so you cannot
damage motor.

* L-Shape Base – Superior Cleaning for those hard to reach
places.

* Self-Adjusting Head

* Perfect® Quick Change Cord System – Pigtail Cord plugs into
50 Foot Heavy Duty Extension Cord – No more down time or
costly repairs.

* Large Cord Wraps so 50 foot Cord Fits easily on Machine.
[FONT=&amp]
* Ergonomic Handle Grip

[/FONT]* Attachments include: Crevice Tool, Plastic Wand and
Combo Dust Brush/Upholstery

* HEPA Filtration – HEPA Cartridge Filter snaps On & Off for
easy use / easy replacement.

87eb387927174e7c0de6cc01bd63aeb4.png

Small Pigtail Cord for easy repair or replace in the field without any downtime

Easy Carry Handle that displaces
weight
so it feels
light when lifting

21ba86c581e7c7904437d3255eea7a91.png

89ed8787f44f2f46156a6d1c2550b144.png

98853de2e4f3dd1fc233804df4866159.png

List Price $699.95
$499.95

wst_countercookie.php

The Speedy Sweep™ Dual Motor Bypass HEPA Upright Vacuum with Built in Attachments is a Winner! Understanding the differance between a Single motor vacuum and a 2 motor bypass vacuum

There a 2 options when buying a New Upright Vacuum,
Single or Dual motor bypass. Almost 100% percent of the time, Most don't even know what the difference is and the difference is night & day long term cleaning! 10 -15 years Longevity in most case with little to no problems. You pay alittle more but very worth it.

Single Motor Upright Vacuums are what you will find in all the department stores.
Those vacuums are generally made with the cheapest grade plastics, brush rollers and the belts easily break when jammed up in most cases. There are very few single motor vacuums that are good machines, Oreck being one of the good ones because Oreck designed their single motor vacuum with a fan system made out of Teflon, which is what they make bullet proof vests out of.

Speedy Sweep Upright Vacuum
Repacement Bags

2139096e88fcd5c24d6202abe3a43c8d.jpg

$14.95
Multi Pack Discount
Click Here

307f2770cff8419aa2990c82f8c590e6.gif

099b7184cc5b0c1a617db1cd352faacd.png
1-877-9SPEEDY
(977-3339)

Factory Direct Fast Shipping 45 Day Money Back Guarantee

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Mikey mentioned the souped up sanitaire that was being sold under oreck. I bought one and I really like it. I have been using sanitairs for years. their cheap last and work great. I buy the 16" wide version and then put a dirt cup kit on it. Sanitaire doesn't sell the 16" with the dirt cup option so i buy the kit and install myself. Well the oreck is the sanitaire with a larger dirt cup already attached It also has a built in magnet to pick up paper clips and screws so it won't damage the vacuum. online price about 300 if you hunt. I think it is a great value.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom