spray buffing and polishing w/ a Square Scrub

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I just ordered a case Red Spray Buff pads and a case of White Polish pads for the Square Scrub.

Anyone know if I can get floors to pop using them?

What spray buff could you recommend?

Btw, I have tried burnishing with a high rpm machine with coconut pads. The problem is the floors are so uneven that the pads dissintegrate and leave burns in the finish. Hoping to avoid that problem by using the square scrub.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I had a Squar-buff machine 30 years ago. Even with some improvement I don't think it could match a 1500 rpm burnisher for "pop".

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Thanks!

It would be cool if I could strip, clean and polish with the same machine.

It does a good job of stripping and cleaning.

I'm gonna test it's polishing capabilities soon. Will be carrying a burnisher as backup just in case.

I'll keep you posted

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
donno squat about VCT
Actually I do a "little"....'bout enough to be dangerous is all :lol:

but wonder if it generates enough heat friction to make 'em "pop", as Lee characterized it .
Think I'd try spray buff formulated for lowest speed machines

I still bet it would be slower than a snail to polish to a "wet look" we all like to see .."if" there's any improvement at all

but again, i don't know much about VCT

..L.T.A.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we played with a propane burnisher on a customers floor
wow no doubt way to go

Name
I'm Rick James
I use Unitex from Jon Don and has worked very well. I tried to get my hands on the square buffer but havent tried it yet. I see a lot of advantages to it.. getting closer to the wall and no spinning action.

You need a high speed to do the spray buff and dont think the square will do good for it. The white pads are what I used.

You also have to find out how much wax is left on the floor. Usually its 4 coats and if its below that the spray and buff wont work as well.

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
I don't believe it will polish very well at all. This machine will do a mechanical strip of most of the finish or you can do a deep scrub and recoat to restore finish. If it gets bad enough just do the strip with the 3M pads. Make sure you use a red pad under the 3M pad to compensate for the irregularities in the the floor.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
the square scrub wouldn't even put a little shine on the floor.

The 2400 rmp burnisher made the floor POP!

No comparison.

IMAG0032.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom