Spring is springing

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Taken in 114 rugs as of 2:45pm today, hopefully hit 140 or so. In 2-3 more weeks should be topping 160 on saturdays.

Connor

Name
Connor
Oh, take me outside and spank me with a broom, I'm such a dirty rug.

Mikey P

Administrator
What percentage of those are tufted wools?
Olefin home depot specials?
3 x 2 door mats?
Cut and bound wall to wall synthetics?
Randy Hyde jerk off material?

For the day and for the year?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We're up to about 10% tufteds, I don't know aboutbthose other categories Mikey as that kind of thing matters more to bb peeps than us.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Name
I'm Rick James
Ken do you ever allow your techs to clean the rugs in the customer house?

To clean a rug in the customers house at $1-$2 a sq ft for a standard rug really seems like we are ripping them off. I use the same cleaning products (Trashed Green w/ freshwater rinse) to clean them that I use to clean the carpets. I have worked in a high end rug cleaning plant and cleaned thousands of rugs in house over the years and I am now just having an issue charging so much for basically an extension of the wall to wall.

This comment excludes some of the high end rugs that are hand made with fringes. I have encountered a ton of HD, Fred Meyer, PB type cheap rugs recently.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yes, probaby 50-75 a week but no where near that price. If you are cleaning mostly cheap unfringed rugs in the home basically the same way you are cleaning the carpet why charge more or much than a room? Chances are the rug cost much less than a room of wall to wall. We charge up to about $1.25 sq ft in our rug spa, but about 90% of our customers bring their rugs to us and get every other one free (straight 50% off right now during anniversary sale).

Name
I'm Rick James
Ken Snow said:
Yes, probaby 50-75 a week but no where near that price. If you are cleaning mostly cheap unfringed rugs in the home basically the same way you are cleaning the carpet why charge more or much than a room? Chances are the rug cost much less than a room of wall to wall. We charge up to about $1.25 sq ft in our rug spa, but about 90% of our customers bring their rugs to us and get every other one free (straight 50% off right now during anniversary sale).

Its a different market here.. we have Starbucks, Boeing, Microsoft to help jack up the economy here. I have been told many times in recent weeks that my prices a waaaaaay to low from clients, so probably heading towards another price increase.

I have just been charging some of these rugs recently as an extra area but afraid I am shooting myself in the foot and losing money.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
How would you be losing money at that? Your costs and time are probably the same or less and you are already at the home. Sounds like easy money to me.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
It's said that there are sooo many empty lots and abandoned housing in Detroit that you could fit the city of San Fransico on them and still have room. Where are the rugs coming from, Ken?? This surely doesn't explain the "doom and gloom" that Detroit is known for.

Thank God for the auto bailout. Are alot of those custys auto management and exec's??

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Metro detroit is home to 4.5 million people~the auto industry labor is not the major employer anymore. There is lots of high tech, and non auto related manufacturing as well as lots of medical. A very small portion of our business is within the city itself, most is ou in suburbs as are all our showrooms and cleaning plant. Think Chicago only smaller and without the panache and downtown shopping district.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom