Square or Intuit GoPayment?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i've had Square for years but looks like Intuit's product does the same thing for le$$.

Square:
Swipe rate: 2.75%

Keyed rate: 3.50%

Intuit:
Swipe rate: 2.40%

Keyed rate: 3.40%

why wouldn't everyone switch to Intuit??

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I did switch to intuit but reluctantly. I've read lots of stories about them dicking you around in your money but there rate is slightly better and more importantly for me is it syncs effortlessly to quick books Online.

Oh one downside is intuits swiper doesn't work with my phone. I'm sure it will at some point after I upgrade to a newer phone. ;)

But they do have this cool feature that uses your phones camera to "scan" the card.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have been using gopayment for quite sometime now and have been very satisfied with it.

I have no exeperience with any other phone swipe system (because I have been happy with them) so I cant give imput on others.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Here is why I switch from Gopayment to Square-- But keep in mind this happened about 18-24 months ago-- and hopefully they improved.

Be Aware of "hidden fees"-- GP had several types of fees on top of their processing rate which made them more expensive the Square.
But with any CC processing the biggest Expense was my time spent bookkeeping those sales to be sure they sync correctly w QB.
Oddly GP didn't sync well w QB for me-- More on that later
Square recently updated their program-- The changes they made tripled the time I spent on bookkeeping-- after several nasty emails from me they have made some improvement n now it takes 1.5 times longer then b4.

My mostly female custies may use more then one name-- Here is an example:

Mellissa Jones-Hart
Missy Jones-Hart
Mellissa Jones
Mellissa Hart
Missy Jones
Missy Hart
They are all the same person. When GP would sync up w QB it would not know who to put the payment towards so QB would create a whole new account. After awaile this would create a lot of accts that would seem to owe me $$ and Acct I owed $$ too!
This was also compounded even if someone used only one and correct name but for some reason one of the names was in ALL CAPS-- So QB would create another acct. This would even happen when-- how the custies name was listed differently, ie. Last name first or First name First--

We use PayPal to handle our online orders--PayPal also has a swiper now and the rates are lower then Square. I'm going to try their swipers also. I would save about $800 to$1000/yr in fees by going w/PayPal.. but it will all depend on how the software handles the tips screen.
with Paypal the customer can also use their computer to pay us-- so no phone or signal needed.
Tips have been a Great Motivator for my crew to do a better job at pleasing my customers so I want it to be easy for them to receive them.

Last edited:

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Happy with Intuit GoPayment. Easy swiping, though sometimes the swiper doesn't load properly on the iPhone, but the scanning of the credit card is a cool feature. If you key enter in a credit card it charges you more in fees compared to swiping/scanning one. Takes about 2 days to get the money transferred to our bank account. They end at 3pm PST everyday for transactions, so if you get paid after 3pm on a Thursday, your not getting money transferred into the bank until Monday morning.

We've had a few lost swipers to, they make it easy to re order these right from the app, pretty decent service.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have Go Payment which I use regularly and I have Square which I have never gotten to work on my phone.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I have both set up,

If one reader fails, I still get moolaa : )

Becker

Name
Becker
Employee is being set up with iPad, sync with QB's He will be using go payment. I just swipe using my laptop and email invoices or receipts from quickbooks while in their home. Also allows me to capture email and permission to send promotions.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We like square, but have both available if one is down. I prefer square because they never have given us problems with large transactions and deposit for us on the same night of day processed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom