square scrub

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Yes,

I purchased the Square Scrub EBG 20 about two months ago.

Mainly for dry stripping wax.

So far, I stripped about 15k in wax and Bonnet cleaned a 10k commercial w it.

Its a handy tool to have in the toybox...

You might want to check out the Hawk Raptor too http://www.cleaningstuff.net/Floor-Buffers/Hawk/Hawk-Raptor-Square-Dry-Strip-Buffers.htm

IMAG0318.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Yep and they're awesome!

Go with the gym floor model the "G" model.

Motor is twice the rpm and comes with a 100 ft cord. Your production is twice as fast as the normal model.

The other manufacturer is Clark and they're horrible. Not balanced at all. Your gonna think your running a jack hammer after a few minutes of using it and they're just not as well built.

Put the 3M ecoprep pad or similar under it and forget stripper. Makes stripping a floor actually fun, if you can imagine such a thing.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Why am i just now finding out about the high rpm?

High RPM would be nice!

It is kinda fun cutting wax w/ it... Like a walk in the park.

I use the 3m dry strip pads from JonDon.

If anyone on this board caries 3m dry strip pads I'll be sure to order from you next time around.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
wet stripping is fun...

do a little ice skating....woooooo hoooooo

lance

I saw a video on youtube where they were wet stripping with the Square Scrub. I wonder if that is even better than dry stripping or wet stripping with a rotary. Anybody know?

Deluxe

Pretty stoked...I have a rep coming out to demo one of these for me next week. Can you really do a complete strip with one of these or is it more like a HEAVY scrub?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
it is really a prep machine, it won't strip all the wax off the floor

if you don't believe me just propane buff the area after it is dry scrubbed with the machine

it will remove 2 to 3 coats of finish which can actually work well in some situations, I use a rotary and the prep pad on a floor where I have put down neutral cleaned, works just as well without the dust

that being said, it is a good tool in a lot of situations

doing a complete strip doesn't make any sense with the machine, why remove all the floor finish when you don't have to. just clean it down to the clean coats of wax, buff the floor, and build up your coats of wax

it you have a floor with 5 coats of wax on it, you can square scrub the floor, buff it, put down 2 coats of finish and buff it again, will look brand new

you can also use it as enviromental friendly stripping

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
When you do actually strip a vinyl floor back to it's base, and remove all the sealer coats/polish/wax, whatever you want to call it, if you run a rotary over the floor when dry, it will seal the pores giving the floor a dull shine.

By sealing the pores, less solution will be needed to achieve a decent shine again.

We would generally use a polisher in excess of 400rpm for this.

As for the square scrub, I don't know, but I like it in principle.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Technically it doesn't do a full strip. If the floor has multiple coats of finish on it or it was improperly stripped and then multiple coats of finish applied it takes more than one pass. In some situations you'd be better off doing a traditional strip procedure but using the s.s. instead of a 175 rpm floor machine.

Neat thing about the dry strip process is that your exposing finish with no soil load giving you essentially a "stripped" floor ready for two or three coats of new finish. Since your not stripping all of the finish out of the pores of the tile you don't need to build the floor like with a complete strip.

Faster, Save on chems, A LOT safer, and enviro friendly.

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
I bought a used Clarke rectangle floor sander with a vacuum and bag built in. I thought about taking the vac and bag off but used it today with the Vac and it works lake a charm with the 3M surface prep pads. Just like the others said the floor pops back with just a coat or two. Go to home depot rental and rent one for a couple of hours before you buy. I use this dry and Clarke recommends wet on the machine built for this. This is the same machine with a VAC. This is built much heavier than the Square Scrub. I was talking to a dealer and he told me he had replaced a couple of motors on the SS. If you have any questions give me a call. 913 433 4045

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
MicahR said:
The other manufacturer is Clark and they're horrible. Not balanced at all. Your gonna think your running a jack hammer after a few minutes of using it and they're just not as well built.
Doug Rice said:
This is built much heavier than the Square Scrub. I was talking to a dealer and he told me he had replaced a couple of motors on the SS.

Ok, I'm confused.. which one is crap? one for clarke, and one for Square Scrub?

George III said:
You might want to check out the Hawk Raptor too http://www.cleaningstuff.net/Floor-Buff ... uffers.htm

Who manufactures the Hawk Raptor George mentioned?

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. A year or so ago I was at the Square Scrub dealer and talked to a service guy( always talk to the service guys- no one else pays attention to them) and he said they had two or three that they had replaced motors on. I found a used clarke at HD rental for sale. I phone Clarke and they said the floor sanding version with the Vac is the same basic unit as the one they make for VCT etc. They might have made updates to the SS but I know Clarke makes good stuff.

dgargan

anyone know how to reach Clark. I left a few messages over the past month as well as emails but no response

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Our company has sold over 100 square scrubs and we haven't gotten one back for motor issues. The 28"version had some weld issues that are being addressed but until s.s. does something we won't carry them.

I've run the one Clark makes for VCT and if you compare that with how the square scrub operates they are two different machines. The Clark vibrates like crazy! Square Scrub runs smooth. What is all that vibration going to do to the machine after a few hundred hours of use? Couldn't comment on their more heavy duty version, but there is a reason we don't carry Clark.

Call our service dept. if you'd like.

800-652-1020 ask for Corey

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Clarke elk grove ill 847 956 7900 service facility
tech service 1 800 356 7274
It might be one of these as I forgot who I called. These #s were on a owners manual.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom