SS Filter Box

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Just wondering if anybody has had a problem with the clear plastic cracking. A friend is on his third front.
SDC10488.jpg

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
no he has the 454 ss and it isn't from abuse. he maintains everything to perfection. the first one happened after only 300 hrs. I'm not sure about the 2nd but ss did change their design so it must be a common problem. Just wondering is anyone else seeing it ? the front is no longer see thru.

gene

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
The lid on our product is still clear if someone has received a replacement that is not I would like to know. The cracking that is in this picture is due to the chemicals that are being used breaking down the poly carbonate material

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Bill Bruders said:
The lid on our product is still clear if someone has received a replacement that is not I would like to know. The cracking that is in this picture is due to the chemicals that are being used breaking down the poly carbonate material

So have you changed the material type or do you continue to make them out of the poly carbonate material?

He states that it has happened twice to one operator.

Is the lid a maintenance item?

If yes was it stated a maintenance item when purchased?

Bob Foster

Bill Bruders said:

Damn, I had that happen to me just the other day. My local AeroShell Center said they switched their window washing solution so the problem won't happen again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

510win1.jpg

510win2.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i haven't seen the replacement but he told me it was not clear , unless i misunderstood him. i will check and report back.

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
It's thicker then the original and a darker material but he said he can still see thru it.
he loves it.
gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom