SS Uph Tool Flow

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Is the flow supposed to be consistent across the tool? The holes on each end and to the right and the left of the center hole appear to emit much less than the others.

Can't really tell if streaking will result cuz I haven't used it much, and when I do I overlap a lot to be safe.

I have uph to clean Monday and wonder whether I should take another tool.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Take it apart and clean all the crap out of the inside. When mine is full, the flow gets erratic.

Reactions: Johnny

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Thanks, Doug. I'll check it out, but I don't think I've used it enough to fuzz it up.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Took it apart, (much easier than the DriMaster). Solution channel perfectly clean. Very little fuzz in vacuum chamber.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Mine streaks also at times, it's not evenly wetting the fabric. I just go over the area again.

Cleaning mine has helped this.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Under vacuum especially a larger truck mount it can appear that there is gaps in the flow. Usually it is because of so much air flow, the solution is being pulled in faster. When you have it on the fabric it evens out across the head.

Under vac with solution, place a clear piece of plastic over the head and you will see the coverage is 100%

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Under vacuum especially a larger truck mount it can appear that there is gaps in the flow. Usually it is because of so much air flow, the solution is being pulled in faster. When you have it on the fabric it evens out across the head.

Under vac with solution, place a clear piece of plastic over the head and you will see the coverage is 100%

Thanks. Good to know it's working right.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
While I think that the Sapphire Uph. tool is a good tool . . .

my customers have complained to Sapphire about the center of the tool not spraying water evenly.

This trait blemishes this otherwise top cleaning tool.

Larry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Something new Larry or an original problem? Just something they visually noticed or is it causing a difference in cleaning?

I've not seen that while using it or heard that from my tech's using it. We have (4) of them two original and two I bought last year.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
There is a flow control also, you have to adjust that some fabrics need more flow

some less.

Also P/T the fabric and give it a scrub it will clean easier than just steaming it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
my customers have complained to Sapphire
link1.gif
about the center of the tool not spraying water evenly.

yep... That's what it does.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Man, I'd always heard such great things about this expensive tool.

Let me know when they get the bugs worked out.

Until then, PMF internal jet for me.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I was disappointed with the spray bar setup from day 1.
Needs a major overhaul, (holes,spacing and vac slot design and position) IMO.
I went back to my glided Prochem tool.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Man, I'd always heard such great things about this expensive tool.

Let me know when they get the bugs worked out.

Until then, PMF internal jet for me

it's still the better tool in every way except ergos
I'll keep our SS tool for that reason, but will use the PMF internal jet 96.47% of the time ...becuzzz, it's a better cleaning tool

..L.T.A.

Name
Steve Lawrence
it's still the better tool in every way except ergos
I'll keep our SS tool for that reason, but will use the PMF internal jet 96.47% of the time ...becuzzz, it's a better cleaning tool

..L.T.A.

The better tool in every way but you use it less than 4% of the time?

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
While I think that the Sapphire Uph. tool is a good tool . . .

my customers have complained to Sapphire about the center of the tool not spraying water evenly.

This trait blemishes this otherwise top cleaning tool.

Larry

Geez Larry since your an expert on modifying every manufacturers product I shocked you don't have a solution that Addresses this "issue" lol Could it be that the answer is as simple as explaining how you adjust the pressure to balance to flow? Or could it be that the tool is designed to flush through the fibers creating superior cleaning and faster drying rather than say an internal
Jet tool which still puts down a lot if water but doesn't have the overspray of a cheaper external jet.
Maybe if you contacted Sapphire and became an expert on our products (like you seem to be on every Mytee product) your customers would get the info they need to use this best selling tool from you when they buy it instead of having to search for answers elsewhere. :-)

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Could it be that the answer is as simple as explaining how you adjust the pressure to balance to flow?

Sooo Bill, would you mind explaining?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sorry Bill.
Had both.
PMF better.
Sold SS.

On the other hand, many here love your tool. Just one BDCC experience for whatever its worth.
Questions?

Last edited:

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Cooper PM Studebaker I'm certain he will be able to help you put.

Ofer well sorry to hear that I'll assume you gave someone a heck of a deal on that SS tool :-)

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I also have owned a PMF for many years. It's good for carpet detail work, but leaves uph much wetter, even with extra dry strokes, than my SS or DriMaster. You can scrub better with a PMF, but I pre-scrub with a brush or orbital hand buffer. I just want a ONE-PASS RINSING TOOL that will leave the uph reasonably dry. Shouldn't have to overlap or make multiple wet or dry strokes in most situations.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom