SS upholstery tool I bought off this place!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I finally got it in. I think it took a whole freaking week to get here from Kalifornia! I could have gotten it from Mississippi faster, and nothing gets out of Mississippi on time.

It looks like a fairly good tool. I must say I am a bit surprised at how cheap the plastic head feels, but all I have ever used are metal upholstery tools.

I haven't gotten to clean with it yet, so ya'll will just have to wait with breathless anticipation to my report on that. I don't have any upholstery scheduled until Friday the 13th.

I was very unhappy with the fact that they made me snap the quick-connects together that fastens the cheap plastic head to the solution line. You'd think they would have done that for me.

However, all this aggravation is probably worth it just from knowing I financed Mikeys Hawaiian vacation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I doubt you'll ever admit it but I'm betting you'll really like it. The head does feel light and that is one it's better features, less fatigue when cleaning multiple pieces. It really shines on special care, delicate fabrics, leaves them dryer to keep you out of trouble.

Reactions: Erik

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's a very kind offer Jim!

Remind him to connect it to his machine first otherwise you'll get "I don't have any pressure or suction". Do they have Garanimals for carpet cleaners? :p

Reactions: hogjowl

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I bet not ONE of you three buttwads had to connect the quick connect to the head when you got yours.

I bet you stared at that needle valve for 30 min trying to figure out how come no water was coming thru...........how many times did you run out to the truck to make sure the water was on and the pump was running.............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I will not speak to someone who keeps putting John McCain back in office.

Don't look at me....I voted for you...figured even you could not screw things up any worse then what they are..........

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The honey moon period, (for Marty, it's before he actually uses the tool) is the best.

Prolong it, Marty :winky:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Hell.....I'm still waiting on my $200 credit for Superior Cleaning that I won at auction. Soooooo..........that's how Mikey got to Hawaii!!

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Boss Hog, Your kidding right? Got mine yesterday, and no I was not overwhelmed by the simple task. From several years of being on the market. The SS tool has great feedback as being the best uph tool on the market. I'm thinking as soon as you get the hang of it. The daunting task of connecting the head & qd will be minuscule.

Be good.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I like mine I just need to replace the vacuum line with hose that doesn't act like a break on the floor when I'm working.

I'm constantly fighting the hose when doing loose cushions.

Went back to my prochem tool the heads heavy but a lot less resistance from the vacuum hose.

Still overall I like the tool the wider head speeds things up and I like the way it cleans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hogjowl

Idiot™
Interesting. I wondered about that very issue. There are so many cuffs in that line that I wondered if it wouldn't catch on everything easily.

Still yet to actually use mine. I have one tentative upholstery job lined up for this coming Friday. If he doesn't back out before then ...

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Used mine fri on micro fiber sectional. Quickly got the hang of the flow control. As well as the vac relief & trigger lock. It performed as I expected. The swivel head cuff did disconnect a few times. The cuffs the HK use are better & never had that issue. I will most likely switch em'

Be good.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Still yet to actually use mine. I have one tentative upholstery job lined up for this coming Friday. If he doesn't back out before then ...

what have you been using?

I personally think the PMF internal jet tool with hide-a-hose attachment is the best ever in the history of the world "overall"
The SS is a good tool..best ergos ever and cleans better than that over rated, WAY over hyped POS Dri-Master tool, but it won't clean heavy soiled fabric as well as the PMF tool..and I'm not convinced it dries any faster than the internal jet tool either

though admittedly, we don't see much more than poly and microfiber in the trailer parks we service ...and those can be cleaned with a garden hose and dry in 20 minutes

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
what have you been using?

I personally think the PMF internal jet tool with hide-a-hose attachment is the best ever in the history of the world "overall"
The SS is a good tool..best ergos ever and cleans better than that over rated, WAY over hyped POS Dri-Master tool, but it won't clean heavy soiled fabric as well as the PMF tool..and I'm not convinced it dries any faster than the internal jet tool either

though admittedly, we don't see much more than poly and microfiber in the trailer parks we service ...and those can be cleaned with a garden hose and dry in 20 minutes

..L.T.A.

PMF internal jet ... probably for around 20 years. I upgraded from a PMF external jet.

I still think an old external jet PMF with a hole glide would probably be the best thing available.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I believe Bill Bruders noted that problem with the first batch of tools, and offered a free hose swap. Check with your distributor Ralph. Ours doesn't have that problem.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Well, now you tell me, asshole.

A "reasonably intelligent" person would have already known about the hose issues and the fix for the same problem...since it has been talked about for the past couple of years many many times.

Reactions: hogjowl

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
There were about ten popular upholstery tools at the seminar by Shawn Bisaillon on Upholstery cleaning in LV.

Both Mike West and I preferred the brand new Stainless Steel "CFR type" tool for cleaning.

It has a chamber that pulls the fabric up into the jet spray and vacuums the moisture away without wetting the backing.

We also carry the Superflex vac hose.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom