SS upholstery tool I bought off this place!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Both Mike West and I preferred the brand new Stainless Steel "CFR type" tool for cleaning.

It has a chamber that pulls the fabric up into the jet spray and vacuums the moisture away without wetting the backing.
Any pictures? We have the old CFR and it is a good tool but the Sapphire is still a much better tool, no sharp edges or awkward corners.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
There were about ten popular upholstery tools at the seminar by Shawn Bisaillon on Upholstery cleaning in LV.

Both Mike West and I preferred the brand new Stainless Steel "CFR type" tool for cleaning.

It has a chamber that pulls the fabric up into the jet spray and vacuums the moisture away without wetting the backing.Larry

Interesting- Pictures. Link.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Sounds like I missed a good presentation.

What did you think of the Rotovac tool Larry?

It needs some rework. Jets didn't spray properly & valve handle was too sharp.

New "CFR type" stainless tool cleaned better.

I think Mike West bought one.

Larry

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBYCHatYz1o
This is the style of CFR tools we have we have.

They clean well but that vacuum relief on the tool head is a recipe for disaster. If it gets caught and snags on the inside of an arm or inside back while cleaning you'll wish it had a hose relief. It also has a long handle that puts more weight pulling your arm from the hose while cleaning. Not a huge deal but again just something that will fatigue you if you have lots to clean.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

They clean well but that vacuum relief on the tool head is a recipe for disaster. If it gets caught and snags on the inside of an arm or inside back while cleaning you'll wish it had a hose relief. It also has a long handle that puts more weight pulling your arm from the hose while cleaning. Not a huge deal but again just something that will fatigue you if you have lots to clean.

wrong post

Rotovac

Name
Nick
It needs some rework. Jets didn't spray properly & valve handle was too sharp.

New "CFR type" stainless tool cleaned better.

I think Mike West bought one.

Larry
The jets do spray properly when actually cleaning on the upholstery but if you hold it up in the air off the upholstery all of the spray is not captured by the vacuum so it may have just appeared to you that it was not spraying properly. The valve handle on production units will have a rubber coating. Not sure how you could have determined that the CFR cleaned better when there was no dirty upholstery to compare it on.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

I agree, that's why I did not get that tool. And all they have to do is move that silly dial to the back of the tool and 'problem solved'.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

The redesigned "CFR type" tool DOES NOT have the vac relief on the head,

for less weight and lower profile.

It also cleans at a lower angle, for less arm stress.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
Not sure how you could have determined that the CFR cleaned better when there was no dirty upholstery to compare it on.

Larry and his infamous testing...lol

maybe he and Mike West removed some pork chop grease from their trousers to determine the winner.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its probably a better tool without that vac relief on the head but with the other competitors using lighter weight materials I'm surprised they have not joined the group. There is a lot to be said about the lesser fatigue factor when you cleaning dozen's or hundreds of chairs or upholstered pieces. If you only occassionally clean a piece or two, any tool will do.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Its probably a better tool without that vac relief on the head but with the other competitors using lighter weight materials I'm surprised they have not joined the group. There is a lot to be said about the lesser fatigue factor when you cleaning dozen's or hundreds of chairs or upholstered pieces. If you only occassionally clean a piece or two, any tool will do.

I have several of the "cfr type" tools on order.

When I get them in, I will compare the weight with the Sapphire tool.

Smooth Stainless steel should outlast the nylon construction.

My customers with the Sapphire tool have noticed a slight void in spray, in the center of the tool.

I will do some side-by-side cleaning comparisons, on dirty upholstery fabric.

Here are a couple of photos for those that asked:

View attachment 2957View attachment 2958

Larry

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How much do you think it will sell for Larry? I'd consider one if it is truly an improvement over the old one.

Long lasting is great and normally what I look for when buying anything but in the case of an upholstery tool I'd prefer lighter. The Prochem upholstery tools will be around long after I'm a fossil (no bawb I'm not talking about you) but the weight kills my elbow hours later after I use it, where the lighter plastic does not affect me at all no how long I clean.

A couple of months ago I took the truck home and cleaned our 8-dining chairs, two loveseats, an 8-piece sectional a divan & two chairs. No sore arm or elbow at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
It's funny, divan and different versions of the word is used in europe..but if you say sofa or couch you get a blank stare.

Back
Top Bottom