SS upholstery tool.

Becker

Name
Becker
What's the cure for the pos hose that came with the over priced peice of junk I'd not recommend anyone buying unless they upgraded the hose.

I store mine on a hose hanger with a large ratius to limit any stress on the tool.

The damn hose is coplapsing in 2 places.

Going to Jondon CDA tomorrow. What a design flaw!

starrett

Mine did that from day one so I replaced with some old 1 1/2 that I had laying around. solved the problem easy enough. SS never did show any interest in making the problem right.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
mcatt said:
We are talking about the sapphire scientific? First I've heard of anything bad reported on them.

it generally takes a year or three before the warts start getting exposed on any hip new board "de juor" tool

i suspect that has to do with a lot of things .
one being that most just parrot whatever their "favorite" board stars say

and two, it's human nature not to talk bad about a $69 dollar plastic tool when you paid $500 for it :lol:

the cheap ass hose has been mentioned before though

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
The performance of the tool (much like the HOSS) is worth the price of admission.

But..

that hose is the wrong hose for heated applications and a recall of some sorts is in order.

at least to any MB'rs, let the geeks who bought them off recommendations on ICS or *** gft.. I've seen Jimmy naked

and the HOSS version 1.2 needs a narrower handle. LIKE!

Becker

Name
Becker
My tool is less than a year old. And my machine is no fire breather or huge blower.

But that hose is junk!!! Complete junk!!

FredC

Village Idiot
CDA? Is that "Company Deals w/ Assholes"

its been a year....replace the f'n hose :lol:

seriously though mine did seem a tad flimsy....but as I recall...they were replacing them for those that had problems

there was also a recent thread on upholstery tool hose....think cobb has a good replacement

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I don't think you're holding your tool at the correct angle.

Living upside down (according to a lot of yews), I've never had a problem with my Sapphire Upholstery Tool in regards to any parts problems.

Hose is still in near perfect condition.

I keep it in a mesh bag in three coils.

Oops, -sniff correction............... occasionally the male quick connect gets caught in the mesh bag. yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

Down under Shortwun.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I posted this in 2011 warning you Becker when you just got it viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49486&hilit=hose&start=30 and it has never been made right and here is another thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49643&hilit=hose . I do like the tool I just wish it was fixed, I am still using the hydramaster hose.
Mr Bruders May 2011
Xtreme I will personally make sure we send you 3 replacement hoses of a type that will definately not be an issue regardless of heat or any other issue I just need an address.
Had to pull apart the drimasters and switch hoses. I am at home today with a sick kid so I decided to start going through some of this stuff. SS I need a new , better hose. The Drimaster hose is smaller and the SS isn't working as well now. I was thinking of putting a 2 inch hose on it today instead

DSCN0129.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0124.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0127.jpg
    DSCN0127.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 80

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have yet to see a tool out there that in one way or another does not need something to help it along.....just the way it is...........

if all the problem is..only a ridiculous hose....thats one of the easiest fixes....

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I know but unfortunately at the time it happened after buying 3 they all went down within 2 weeks of purchase. I was told they would be shipped to me and they never were and if you do not see that as an aggravation I do not know what to tell you. If they had said "go buy an f'n hose I would not have waited for the shipment and rectified immediately.

I did fix it I used the hydramaster hoses

Becker

Name
Becker
The issues is not kinking. It is calapsing. As the hose heats up with use it gets even softer.

Forget about using the tool with the trigger locked. That much water passing though will turn the hose to butter.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The hose is kinked because it has continuouly collapsed. What do you think happens to those kinks when it was hooked to vacuum

Becker

Name
Becker
I'm not questioning you Greg.

What I'm saying is I treat my equipment with care. The problem was not caused by me kinking the house or abuse. Rather the hose not being about to stand up to heat and sucktion.

The tool is fantasic. The hose is crap.

Kinda like putting cheap tires on a sports car.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I believe that the story behind the hose was shared sometime ago but for those who aren't aware. The original hose was selected from a group of over 10 different types for it's flexibility and the reduction in weight that it put on the cleaners wrist. This was also tested for heat resistance, chemical resistance etc. The hose is supplied to us by quite frankly the largest manufacturer/supplier in the industry. The first production run of tools with this hose have been and continue to be without an issue. However the supplier had a manufacturing quality problem that you can't indentify by visual inspection (it has a plasticizing issue) and the durometer of batch of the hose was produced incorrectly. We have a replacement hose for those who need it. Please contact your distributor and ask them about getting this for you.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
So you guys like the tool other then the hose problem? Seems a really easy fix for the maker and should be covered completely as well. So happy I went with the Devastater filter instead of SS overpriced box filter.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey P said:
Yes, the tool provides performance like no other.
I agree with Mikey KMA!

This is the tool to use . . .

even if it came without vac hose.

We have a quality 1.5" vac hose replacement if anybody needs one.

Larry

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My HK tool had a good hose but it was too short. I replaced it with a 25ft length of 1.5"superflex. I took it to my local hose shop and they fit it a matching length of soln line which runs inside the vac hose.

S

sam miller

My 2 have been fine alot better then my old PC tool replacing the splitting vac line every 6 months I love cleaning with the tool I dont know if its easier then the PC tool but a lot dryer and faster!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We bought tools from the first batch, we use them heavily and still have the original hose on them with no problems. Love the tool, it's still the best tool on the market, cleans well and light in weight.
hey now

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom