stainless westpak valve

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i only get about 3-4 months out of the spring before it just falls apart. i was just wondering if anybody else was having the same problem . it's only the spring that is giving me problems. the same products run thru the chem pump and they are fine. the valve part and orings are also fine.

gene

cleanskin

Name
Rod Howgate
Yep, I have the exact same problem, was just complaining about that the other day...the springs look fairly common, I'm going to find a somewhere that sells springs that look the same and have backups even though the kits area fairly cheap.

Rod

Name
Jesse
If your referring to the "soft touch"... Do you bend the handle toward the wand tube for a short pull? If not then put a crescent wrench or something similar between the handle and the tube and then bend the handle until it's really close to the tube. You don't need to open the valve all the way to get full flow, if you do you'll break the spring often.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
my tech has been with out one for who knows how long pressure from the hose will keep it closed.
but has one now
it seems like every time i go with him i find something wrong with his stuff
never ending battle

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Same problem here. The valves don't last very long when running high heat. I have a box of used ones in my garage, some look brand new.

Name
Jesse
Well I get about a solid year out of them by limiting the stress on the spring. Before we bent the handle it would last 1-2 months.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i get you with the handle. i had a small rubber stopper at one point but it fell off. i'll give the handle a bend.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom