Stanely Steemer wand stroke

Name
I'm Rick James
C Pennington said:
4 wet 1 dry u dont dot it ur wrote up...lol

I worked for SS for 4 years or so and they taught us what the IICRC teaches you. Their training is a direct rip off of the IICRC manuel..

Is there bad techs at SS, yeah. But they do try and maintain a high level of quality.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I don't really know squat about stanley steemer but Ii suspect they have been around a few decades longer than the iicrc. Maybe they would say they were ripped off.

Jose Smith

I agree with Brent. I started out my "professional" career at SS. I would like to think I was a good person then, too.

When I worked there, I remember the wand stroke being a little different. But the fact is, they have policies and systems that any o/o wanting to grow should admire.

Jose Smith

G

I also worked for SS many years ago; Although they taught us their speil; I notice mine worked better. After 4 yrs of that; I transfered to next dutystation did some time with Servpro; learned their bs. Retired from the Navy And here I am!

They have a bad rep around here; and most of it is about how wet they leave the carpet.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
The IICRC S100 does not state a preferred stroke. An IICRC CCT or CCMT class will give pointers but there are different strokes for different soiling levels.
I believe whatever stroke gets the carpet clean and dry as possible is a good system.

If you are following a good system it is not ripping off it is following best practices.

Name
I'm Rick James
Ken Snow said:
I don't really know squat about stanley steemer but Ii suspect they have been around a few decades longer than the iicrc. Maybe they would say they were ripped off.

SS started SS university back in the late 90's early 2000's. Chris Taylor a IICRC certified instructor started the university. Well after the IICRC. I have taken both and they are pretty much the same. Ripping off may be a bad term. They followed the IICRC procedures with few changes. Even the cards you get for SSU are the same as the IICRC.

Look, SS corperate is a great company, with great standards. But with 1,000s of employees you do get the hacks, wet and jet cleaners, techs who go through the panty drawer and burn outs. I have worked with Chris Taylor for about a 1/2 of year in the seattle branch and he is a good guy and does try to uphold a high standard.

I have noticed that SS franchise owners are the ones that have the issue upholding what corp wants. All the franchises I ran across are hacks that have a bad rep. Sure I do hear about SS in the seattle area, just like I hear about D.A Burns and the other well known companies. Its just part of the industry. You cant tell me you dont have some unhappy customers out there. You cant make everyone happy.

Bottomline is I know alot about steemer and they are a great company that has great standards, its just to bad that the some of the 1,000s of employees and hack franchise owners give the company as a whole a bad name. Its a very streamlined system they have and very simple. They are not the best at certain things like the O/O we have on this board but for as big as they are and as much as they have grown I think they are doing pretty good.

When I worked there I did a great job the carpet was clean and dry. I took pride in what I did and it showed. There are people who work there that also take pride in what they do, just so you know and do a good job.

I think the people who dog on them really dont know that much about them and just go by hearsey and a few customer complaints.

Just my opinion.

Jose Smith

Chris Taylor does a lot for the IICRC. I applaud him for bringing such a large organization (SS) up to "code". Before Chris Taylor, there was a guy named Steve Whitley who, in my opinion, was anti-IICRC and didn't beleive anyone else in the industry knew squat. I am glad to see the recent changes.

Truth be told, any company that grows to the size SS is, will have many of the problems SS has. The main problem for companies this size is the quality of the cleaners they hire. They must fill the vans with bodies because the phone will always be ringing (thanks to great advertising that we see everyday). So the quality of employees drops.

We should be happy with the mistakes the large companies make. It only makes the small companies look better in the eyes of the customer.

Jose Smith

PS. Steve Whitley takes credit for developing the "Stanley Stroke" in the 80's. He now works for Sears corporate in Columbus, OH. and trains all the new franchise owners. He once told me that soon Sears' methods will replace the IICRC. This was in '04. I hope everyone is ready to carry a "Sears Certified" card.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom