70.3 KB · Views: 137
  • StarvingCC.jpg
    StarvingCC.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 125

rhyde

Name
rhyde
seems a little too desperate for me?

i believe it conditions some clients to expect discounts...you give 20% off when it's slow so you can afford to give 30-40% off when it's not slow? i always put a positive spin on slow months i never give discounts or run cleaning sales. when i send out mailers it just reminder mailers that we are here no special offer with time expiration totally goes against all conventional advertising wisdom. I'm surprised how often i see our mailer in clients homes 6 even 12 months after they where sent out

January has been very busy for us

i would add some color and graphics to you card it needs to stand out more

G

Gee , MR HYDE . I see you have been in biz 19 years. That would account for being busy . Jay relocated and moved to Texas. Cut the guy some slack. I bet you never purchase anything on sale!!!

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Desperate? Expected Discounts? Positive about slow months? Conventional advertising wisdom? Color and Graphics?

You miss the point, Your appealing to the woman of the house that you have a friendship with who wants to help you thru these tough times. I am no expert but I know women are to be treated and advertised to differently. We receive beautiful multi-colored brochures in the mail every day and Bright yellow sticks out like a sore thumb and if I did the brochure route it would not even be noticed and would be tossed in the round file. I also just got a call from a 70 year old gentleman who said he didn't want me or my family to starve and he was laughing the whole time knowing how well nourished I am. I know it works the way it is and it's up to you to decide if YOU want to use it or not. IMPLEMENTATION is the key! Use it or Don't use it, But it produces.

Mister Sir

P.S.This was not meant as a "Calling Out" but you have a long established clientele and can wait for those calls, I on the other hand have to get them cleaning and cleaning often to build my biz and pay my bills. Everyone is different, best wishes to you.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Jay

Thank you very much for the card. It came in the mail today. I showed it to my wife and she said it was very cute, she did not think it would make anyone look desperate at all, it came across in a humorous way. Anyway we think it is great and I'll be getting it sent out the first week of February. Thanks again!!!

Mike Hogan

I have not had time to post for quite awhile. My 20 year old
daughter had a brain tumor removed last week........thank God
everything is ok,but its been a harrowing 3 months.

Regarding the Starving CC..........we did it 2 straight winters a few
years ago and had a tremendous response...........nothing negative
or desperate about it.
For the last 2 winters we offer an "Always Clean"
program which also works great. Anyone who gets their carpets cleaned
in Jan.or Feb.,using our "Gold" package,gets the traffic areas cleaned
at half price.....a win/win for all,as we get nothing but praise for the program. btw,good to see you Nick.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Mike GREAT news about your daughter. Medical miracles and prayers at work. My little sister is a fifteen year survivor of such an operation.

I'm sure many have died as doctors persevered in perfecting the skills to save others down the road. I'm grateful for their bravery as well.

G

Hello, LEE and fellow cleaners. It is good to be back and healthy again.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Nick, Jay

Wasn’t this posted here for comments yes..no..maybe? I'm not trash talking anyone here I'm just voicing my opinion i think discounting your hard work can be a slippery slope.

From your add its kid of hard to tell if your serious or it’s a joke perhaps this is all over my head. I expect my clients to pay full price for our services and I return they receive our full attention.

However, if it works for you run with it!

I want to point out while I've been in the "cleaning arts" for 19 year I've had my own dog and pony for only 8 of those years and again I've never run a cleaning sale

G

Mike,

Glad to hear your daughter is ok.

I never believed in sales. I always said my price is my price. Last year a friend of mine told me to do a sale in January and February. We had record months. I extended it into March and another record month. I changed it up a little in April and another record month. May and June we did no sale and didn't have great months.

We did a 2 month sale the rest of the year ranging from 10 to 20% off and did unbelievable numbers. This year in January we are going to do $17,000.00 and just two years ago I did $7,000.00. I now believe in the power of sales. Just watch how your wife shops.

Try doing it before you criticize it.

Dave

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Dave

And ..there’s the slippery slope I was referring to. Are you sure you’re not training your clients to wait for a sale before getting their carpets cleaned. Before I went into business I worked for two other cleaning companies I’ve been around 15-30% discount sales before I found that it often attracted cheap & problem clients.

I’m sure it will work great for you guys...enjoy

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I like NOT discounting, but people like to help me and hey they like a sale. It works for me. The Key for most people is to charge enough in the first place so an occasional discount won't hurt. My clients have good incomes but they still have the middle class mindset, look for value mentality. So I guess I am a value cleaner, there I said it. Man, I have a fever and the only cure is MORE COW BELL BABY!!!! :lol:

Mister Sir

G

RHYDE,

With my discounts I am one of the most expensive companies on this board if not the most expensive. I can only say what 13 months of statistics prove. I will do 17,000.00 this month, I work with no helper and I have worked less than 40 hours per week this month.

Let them look for sales, I don't care as long as I reach or surpass my sales goal every month.

Dave

Al

I ran similar letter with the same theme, Mike Toombs posted on ICS and I had a very good February that year.

I think the post cards will even work better, I'm going to print some up right now.

If your going to do it, DO IT NOW!

AL

Jay D

Name
Jay D
OK GUYS. Last year I had a terrible january so I ran this in february and March and it boosted my totals. Would it help to run it in January and Febuary instead? I always have had good response in feb and march but don't want a repeat of january last year. I think march would probably take care of itself with a spring newsletter. What are your thoughts? :?

P.S. still getting use to winter in texas, california would give me a good january for some reason but not to good last year here in texas.

DevilDog

Seriously, that post card is a disgrace!!

Are you serious? It is total desperation and looks horrible when you have to advertise like that!

And please don't tell me it works...almost anything will work. You can get just as good results with something that helps you keep your dignity a little bit.

If I got a post card like that from ANY company I would not use that company. Why? Because if they are that desperate they probably are not that great at what they do....or at least that is what would cross my mind.

Can't you come up with a good marketing piece that at least doesn't have your clients use you because they pity you.

no wonder carpet cleaners are lumped in with lawyers and used car salesmen.

DevilDog

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My perception is that it lowers your image to your customers.
I know you have to eat and pay bills but its hard enough to get respect from the public without lowering yourself to beg for work.

And that is what it looks like.

I market to raise my public image of a professional service company.

But to each their own.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
WoW, It works, pulls in between 1600-2200 per mailing to 250 clients. I am surprised at you guys and wonder if you have anything better to use in the winter to get jobs then post it. I have a wife, and 3 kids to support and my wife is just starting to work now. You guys are starting to sound like red board snobs. Sound desperate, maybe but I am appealing to the lady of the house and she is a different person altogether. I was looking for positive feedback not negative comments. Jimmy, Todd, or anyone else Tell me something that works better in residential in those months I am willing to know more from yous. (I do not do water damage) :)

dgargan

Have some self respect

I'm with Jimmy. It may work but what message are you sending to your customer? I would reword some of it so it doesen't make you look like your a total loser. " My little cc company" is a good place to start.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jay I'm not a ICS BB snob and I've done a lot of things to get business in my career.So I know where you're coming from.

I didn't mean to insult you in anyway.

I have never liked the negative image marketing that Joe Polish puts out.

But you know I might use it when those slow months of jan and feb come around!

Bob Foster

It implies your not successful and desperate which may make some think there is something wrong with your company.

Try something like out team worked hard all year for you and would like to thank you for business so we are having a thank you sale - 20% off

Rex Tyus

I like it. I think most non retarded consumers will see it as humorous. I am too lazy to do any marketing but if I weren't I might try it. Good job and thanks for the blue print.

Bob Foster

How about a winter seat sale like the airlines do. That way you will get them introduced to more upholstery cleaning.

Clean at least 3 rooms and get any chair cleaned for only $29.95 and 1/2 off any other upholstery cleaning. Clean any 5 areas and a chair clean for free and 1/2 price for any other upholstery.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
DevilDog said:
Are you serious? It is total desperation and looks horrible....

DevilDog

and that's from a "mega stud" who's "ordering a wife" from a catalog of foreign wiminz that will do ANYTHING to come to USA
:shock: :shock:

LOL, PoUnD puPpIe, you tickle me

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'd like to order one of those young russian women but my wife said no.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom