Starving CC postcard

Jay D

Name
Jay D
It works, This is to my old clients not NEw ones. Yes it sounds a little desperate. 95% of my clients are women and know me as a family man. This is for someone who knows you and is cordial to you And Not for BRAND NEW customers. Many just laugh cuz I am far from starving and I have a hard time even finding a rib to show them how frail I am. My wife did not like it when she first saw the postcard but she changed her mind when it pulls in response during the slow months and keeps me from sitting at home. We have used it for about 6 winters and it helps. Hey its not for everyone And if I had a well established business like some of you I might even quit using it. But 21 months into restarting my biz here in texas I am paying the bills and not losing ground. PEACE to all of you. :D

diamond brian

I like this post-card. The JP "best cleaning or it's free" intro--not so much.

At 6'1 245, my custy's will likely see the humor in it as well.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
With not being as booked out as I have been I remembered this post from last year and was designing something along the lines of a starving carpet cleaning special. I was gearing it towards commercial letting them know they will get the best prices possible this time of year. I have sunk a lot of money into marketing for over the next month.
I am marketing My all Xtreme Green Clean in which you receive all natural Arbonne skin and body creams as a gift when you purchase my Green Friendly cleanings.
Boosted ads in a different area for the Dry Carpet Cleaning.
I have my new radio ads coming out Weds
And a mailing to 10,000 homes in the beginning of january. I figure the worst that could happen is I break even and work for free while getting the message out

Scott

Any time you have a coupon or drop your price, you should have a reason, otherwise it appears you're overcharging the other times you don't provide a discount. The idea of a "starving cleaner" is an excellent one and we've used it multiple times over the years, certainly not in desperation but just as a planned "that time of year" marketing piece that makes sense.

Ours is much more light-hearted than the one here. We have fun with it by saying "oh, I'm so glad you called - we're on our last package of Ramen noodles" or "the dog was starting to look tasty", etc. Since it only goes out to present customers, they eat it up and play right along.

The trick in marketing is to connect with the prospect/customer on as much a personal level as possible. Since it is traditionally a slower period for residential carpet cleaning, the message has a high level of truth to it and connects with the target on a personal level.

This is only to be sent out to current residential clients. Not prospects, commercial, or restoration targets.

Scott

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I think, too, with a little Ramen noodles/mac-n-cheese humor, existing customers will see it as tongue-in-cheek. Who doesn't appreciate a sense of humor?

Luke

I have used this type of promotion for the last 4 years and it has turned what used to be 2 terrible months (Jan & Feb) into decent months. I believe most clients realize it's a tongue in cheek approach.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
An important thing to remember is that you are not your customer. I know we all would like to think our customers are hanging on our every word and move but in reality they are not. They are loyal to us for what we provide for the price we do it for. I think they would see the reality and humor of the situation. And be willing to take advantage of the situation. I have never ran this card for the same reasons stated above but I say Kudos to those that have the guts to do so.
Al

steve r

my first reaction was i wouldnt do it but then i thought if it works hey.

i just never understood why someone would do it cheaper in the winter when its freezing or snowing. i want to charge more.lol

im happy being slow in the winter. time for a vacation.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Jay DeLaughter said:
WoW, It works, pulls in between 1600-2200 per mailing to 250 clients. I am surprised at you guys and wonder if you have anything better to use in the winter to get jobs then post it. I have a wife, and 3 kids to support and my wife is just starting to work now. You guys are starting to sound like red board snobs. Sound desperate, maybe but I am appealing to the lady of the house and she is a different person altogether. I was looking for positive feedback not negative comments. Jimmy, Todd, or anyone else Tell me something that works better in residential in those months I am willing to know more from yous. (I do not do water damage) :)

I would never advertise like that. I can pull 1500-2K off of other coupons. Will I run a special in February? Sure, I call it Free February, but it won't sound like I am trying to feed my kids. You act like a charity, and thats what you will get.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Kevin do you have a piece I could look at or a description of what you run?

Thanks

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Some of you guys are a bunch of de dee dee's. Its suppose to be humorous and somewhat of a good deal for my regular customers. I do not have a " Coupons " other than specials to my regular database. No yellowpage adds, no valpak, no water damage. Just residential word of mouth, repeats, some networking, flyers when its quiet, and my database of 350 people. Think about what you will do in jan, feb, and march then let me see what you have to send to your database. I AM NOT NEEDY and MY CUSTOMERS KNOW THAT. Its a marketing piece that works, I could care less what you think of it. It puts money in my pocket every winter. This was originally meant to find out how january and feb might be better to offer this then in feb and march. I shared this postcard last year to help anyone who needed something for the SLOW MONTHS. Don't be so high faluten, most customers still view us one step above a janitor or retail sales person. (I've been both) If you don't like it SCROLL on by.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you sent it to me Jay and I sent it out and got a decent response. Thank You

John Buxton

Cant argue with success. But I would never use it. Had a realtor send me a letter last year with the same theme. It said "for my survival". He got one pity listing from a friend.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I could definitely see the humor side of it helping. I dont think its a bad idea if it works for you. Maybe even take iit up a notch and make it even funnier.

DevilDog

Simply the dumbest post card of all time. Seriously, if you don't have anything else to send out that can bring in work....then you have a f'n problem.

This card has been shown to probably 50 people. EVERY one of them thought it was STUPID@!!

And it is stupid.

Of course it is done tongue and cheek...but it still leaves a bad impression.

Like I said, if you can't come up with something better than that...you are a dolt.

My God.

DevilDog

Jay D

Name
Jay D
:lol: Is that all you have time to do is throw mud on someone else? Get a life dude. :shock: It was put here for someone else who was looking for a winter promo piece. I was just trying to help. If you have something better then post it, or scroll by. Be positive and constructive for once. Stop with the negative dispersions Moriarty. :roll: P.S. Oh one more thing I had about 30+ requests for this stupid postcard last year so at least that many liked the stupid postcard.

Buzzbac

DevilDog said:
Simply the dumbest post card of all time. Seriously, if you don't have anything else to send out that can bring in work....then you have a f'n problem.

This card has been shown to probably 50 people. EVERY one of them thought it was STUPID@!!

And it is stupid.

Like I said, if you can't come up with something better than that...you are a dolt.

My God.

DevilDog

Its all very well critiscising........ when you offer an alternative..

I see the humour, and money talks while bullshit walks.......(waits to see whether DD talks or walks...

Buzzbac

DevilDog said:

And it is stupid.

My God.

DevilDog

Its all very well critiscising........ when you offer an alternative..

I see the humour, and money talks while bullshit walks.......(waits to see whether DD talks or walks...

diamond brian

Since Devil Dog's being chained to the Clean Room and is unable to defend himself here, I'd like for a moderator to please delete my post about him being a dumb-ass pagan. :|

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
diamond brian said:
Since Devil Dog's being chained to the Clean Room and is unable to defend himself here, I'd like for a moderator to please delete my post about him being a dumb-ass pagan. :|

Chained to the clean room. Never heard of that happening but maybe it would have been a better idea to chain him to the bird room. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom