State of the retail industry

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Just venting. Ready to buy a 13 truck. Call and visit 6 dealers and say this is the exact truck I want, give me your bottom line price for cash. Apparently cash is not king. Only two can come up with an actual price for their product. a lot of "Come on in and we can have a cup of coffee and talk". I respond that I have coffee at home and I don't want to talk, I just want to give you money for your product. end up driving 125 miles for my truck to the same dealer I have gone to for my last two trucks. Called them up and finalized the deal in about 30 minutes. I don't get it. Not a cheap truck either but a Silverado ltz diesel. If some calls me with thousands to spend then I am ready to deal.
al

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
its because they would get more of kick back if it was financed...... there is no advantage to "cash" anymore

so you would be better off to track down a 0%...carry it for a while and then pay it off in full

pick up all the rebates etc....

in fact take the cash back....then pay off the loan...because i am pretty sure they dont have a early pay off penalty....then you should be money ahead

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On my fathers last car I went in with a report from Consumer Reports and said I want it at what this report states you can sell it to me and still make a little money. They sold it at what the report said, I think it cost $35.00, can't remember it's been a while.

Reactions: Connor

steve_64

closing is an art most never get. they want to follow script and do as they were taught. they cant read people to get down to business.

when i sold filter queens i had a lady with real bad allergies. it shouldve and couldve been an easy sale. i was green and followed script and lost the sale. she kept telling me what to do and what not to do but i thought i knew better. now i listen more and just go for the close at the first chance.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Just venting. Ready to buy a 13 truck. Call and visit 6 dealers and say this is the exact truck I want, give me your bottom line price for cash. Apparently cash is not king. Only two can come up with an actual price for their product. a lot of "Come on in and we can have a cup of coffee and talk". I respond that I have coffee at home and I don't want to talk, I just want to give you money for your product. end up driving 125 miles for my truck to the same dealer I have gone to for my last two trucks. Called them up and finalized the deal in about 30 minutes. I don't get it. Not a cheap truck either but a Silverado ltz diesel. If some calls me with thousands to spend then I am ready to deal.
al
Why didn't you just go them in the first place? :hopeless: That's what I don't get..

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I owned stock in lithia motors years ago and I went to a share holders meetings and stuff. The most profitable part a a new car dealership is financing followed by parts/service the actual car sale is the least profitable.

Walk in with cash they hit you with sticker price or close to it. it's better to finance with a low down, hammer them on the list price and and pay it off when you get the first payment my last truck listed at 42K and I got it for 31

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom