Steamatic’s exclusive CleanSeal® treatment.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I would expect more from a large franchisor. They are defiantly Defying EPA Regulations about Labeling antimicrobials as green. What a load of.. :bullshit:

http://www.steamatickc.com/carpet_cleaning.asp
"Now you can keep your carpets and rugs free of mold, bacteria, and viruses, including H1N1 virus, for five years or more with Steamatic’s exclusive CleanSeal® treatment. This new “green,” safe, non-toxic cleaning treatment is the only one of its kind on the market today that permanently neutralizes mold, bacteria, viruses, chemicals and second-hand smoke carcinogens – and prevents them from growing on treated surfaces again."

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Similar products have been floating around Aussie for a couple of decades, but they do require annual cleaning to 'rejuvinate' the protection.

I don't know if they are as all embracing as that description, but sounds like the same type of marketing.

John

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
It's not an anti microbial. We have a product we offer that provides microbial protection but it can not kill what is all ready there. It just prevents further contamination.

Name
Lee Stockwell
What's "exclusive" is the name, and marketing claims, (with attendant small-print disclaimers), used to promote the process.

Not unlike many other "exclusive" marketing claims.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Anyone remember Dow Chemical's Sylguard and their certification program through distributors? I think I still have the patches and stickers. How about Aegis? I think either of those products would provide residual effects that would be similar to what they are claiming. In that it can kill what was there and provide lasting power to kill whatever might try to grow later. Wasn't it tributaltin or something like that?

rick imby

Name
Rick
Richard C

Isn't it the pits when you have been around so long that you see a "new" product just like an Old product but your mind is too feeble to exactly remember the name of the Old Product?

Name
Lee Stockwell
One of the handful of nasty chemical names seared into my memory: Tributyltinmaleate.

The heavy metal secret behind "green" Sylgard.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL I ain't that old yet, I remembered both names and the name of the "tin" that did the work in Sylguard.

YOU sir are OLD but I like ya anyway!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
One of the handful of nasty chemical names seared into my memory: Tributyltinmaleate.

The heavy metal secret behind "green" Sylgard.
Lee do you think that fact led to it's demise in our industry? I felt like it had more to do with slow sales. Heck I think in all the years we offered it we only used 8-of 12 of the 3oz bottles.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not my bubble, Dow Chemicals.

I actually don't think they use the term "Disinfect" anywhere do they? Sylguard,told you what it would protect against but I don't believe they ever said the word disinfect" either. The product did work, I'll bet it is still around, just like this private labeled. If you needed residual killing power, Sylguard was a great product. The sword had staying power, a bullet was but one shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I used some sylguard in my first home.

Dog odor in a bedroom.

I remember taking home the small 3 oz container as if it was radioactive.

Used a pump up sprayer and really can't remember if it worked or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom