Steamer instead of iron?

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I have always used the good old iron but I have heard how well the steamers work and you don't really have to monitor them like you do an iron. So I'm wondering what steamers you guys like? I found wageners 705 model for cheap. But I know that is usually not a good thing.

Thanks guys

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've had several different brands, they seem to last a year or two depending on how much you use them. A lot safer than an iron and yet work just as well.

Wagners is good, we've also have a few of the Namco and they seemed to work fine.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I've been using a Black & Decker which has been good.

The only downside, (which you don't have to worry about), is that it's 110 volt.

So to operate on 240 volt I need a trannie.

Transformer, NOT a Tranvest***. :redface:

This flamin' trannie weighs a ton and I a need a trolley to run it around on.

Recently I've found a Wagner in 240 V, but it has a round plate instead of a flat plate.

You guys don't realise how lucky you are to have so much equipment at your fingertips.

:very_drunk:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Shorty, I've just bought a new steamer, my old one I had for 10 years and it was at least that old again when I bought it. No brand name or parts etc.

I settled for a DE4002 from Karcher. I looked at most models available (stuff all) and it was the most robust. So many say like Richard did, they get a year or two out of a machine, I wanted another 10 year run.

I use it primarily for my mill warranty work so only use the one large hear with a single row or jets down the centre line. I'll have to check to see what other options it came with.

One thing I don't like, but is a safety thing is its a trigger activation without a lock, so for me doing heaps of steaming, the old hand starts aching after half an hour or more of use. My old one had an electrical on/off switch. This one does have a regulator on the handle though which is handle to increase or decrease steam.

Cost me $1800.00 so not cheap, but the cheap plastic ones from other brands were still only half that if not more.

John

steve_64

ill stick with my carpet seamer. i use it like an iron but its surface is safe for carpet. the thing will last forever as much as i use it.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
The one Larry sells is basically the same as mine I think.

Just re-branded, Larry may know more as I believe the B & D was discontinued some years ago.

John, my one does have a rocker switch on/off on top of the handle which I like.

The safety aspect of the Karcher, (no switch) I also didn't like, (on the model I looked at).

Doc Marten
, I do prefer the 220/240 volts over 110, it never hertz the same when I earth-out.:icon_razz:

:very_drunk: :very_drunk:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
in fact here you go...

cobbs dye remover and my steamer

20120918_095420_zpsbb61b00e.jpg

20120918_105224_zpsc8c845e5.jpg

PCCN

Hought a Crane steamer and from day 1 it had clogs. I hope it is just a fluke with mine only. Waitiing for the tech to get back with me. Also, not happy that they continually steam unlike an iron that stops when you stand it up to movve a towel, etc. But, until I get a few hours on it I'll hold off on full decision.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Both.....I use the steamer when there is a lot of red stains.....makes it easier because you don't have to baby sit it as much....just cover it with the paddle and you can do a few other things while it is working......( just don't get side tracked and forget about it ).........I use the iron for the single..quick simple ones........

use the Wagner wall paper steamer for years with no problems.........

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I do the same as Jim Martin. I find it quicker/easier using my iron if it is just 1-2 little spots.
I got the Wagner steamer years ago, I had one job that had the biggest red stain I had ever seen.
I was able to remove it in minutes with the steam.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
A auto off iron needs no monitoring but a. Steamer probably does larger areas and is faster in the long run

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom