Steamers, Irons and heat transfer, how often?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Just wondering how often others are using Steamers or Irons on color stains.

I have an iron on the truck, thinking about getting a wallpaper steamer. How often do you use yours? Once a month? Everyday?

Johnnyone

Don't use it a lot but when I do usally have 3 irons 6 white towels, bucket of water and
remove lot of red stains $$$

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I carry both and use them as required.

Many times I have had real estates contact me to remove stains that others cannot.

My steamer is a Crane, but I have a bloody heavy converter, 110volt steamer - 220/240volt power supply.

Looking at a new Wagner 240volt steamer. LIKE!

I have a really simple candle wax tomorrow that is 10mins from home and will take me all of 10mins to remove for $176.00, thank you inefficient operators. J/K

I charge double my normal rate for "specialized spot & stain removal".

I also have a minimum charge & work in 15 minute increments.

Shorty

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
crain 935

That's the one I use Larry, the best I've found.

I think they originally may have been the Black & Decker.

Shorty.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Not really that often but as needed and if clients are willing to pay. We just hate to slow down from our efficent cleaning procedures. Time is money!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Now, there's quite a price difference between Larry's recommended one and the Black & Decker on Dave's link.

Any difference in the quality?

steve r

after having a couple irons go out on me on the job i got a carpet seamer. its about a hundred bucks but has lasted over a couple years so far. i dont use it to often anymore but its safer to use because it wont melt the carpet like an iron, well maybe if you leave it on the carpet to long it may. im very happy with it. and no i dont use it directly on the carpet.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I was under the impression that the B & D units were redundant. I've seen Jimmy naked

You get what you pay for.

I'm as happy as Marty in a pig sty with my Crain steamer.

eat yor heart out Werner

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ofer Kolton said:
Now, there's quite a price difference between Larry's recommended one and the Black & Decker on Dave's link.

No they are virtually the same. (same with Crain)

Use distilled water and they will last for many years.

When you use a steamer no towel is needed.

If you use a 2 part. Put a sprayer on each bottle and mist a little of each onto the spot.

Dry carpet works best.

They are so safe that you can clean in one room or set up while the steamer is removing the stain.

(OR use many steamers at once.)

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ofer Kolton said:

I've bought two of these steamers off Ebay based on Dave's recommendation (and his links to Ebay). I'm still using the first one after three years, the second one is still in the box in my basement waiting for the first one to fail. Last Saturday the young woman custy was VERY impressed that I removed a huge red dye spot (that other cleaners couldn't remove) while I was setting up my regular equipment for cleaning her place. I just mist on Vacaway's Red Vanish which is a one part reducer, the best I've seen, then set the Black and Decker steamer (with tap water) on and the red spot goes away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom